Overview of Adenoidectomy
Quick Facts on Adenoiditis
- Infection of the adenoids near the middle ear can impair the hearing ability.
- The cause of adenoiditis can either be bacterial or viral.
- Frequent throat infections make a person more prone to adenoiditis.
If inflammation is not treated, it can lead to bleeding from tonsils.
Leaving adenoiditis untreated is not advised. The main reason being, it can lead to sinusitis.
Increased risks of chest pain and infections, such as Pneumonia.
Causes of Adenoiditis
- Bacterial infection
- Epstein-Barr virus
Signs and Symptoms of Adenoiditis
Breathing through the mouth
Pain in the middle ear
Snoring or sleep apnea
Sore throat and stuffy nose
Partial mouth breathing
Wheezing sound while breathing
- Swollen glands in the neck
Prevention of Adenoiditis
Complications caused by Adenoiditis
- Chest infections
- Blockage of the middle ear
- Excess mucus blocking the eustachian tube (Eustachian tubes connect the middle ear to the throat)
- Recurrent ENT infections
Treatment of Adenoiditis
Home remedies for enlarged adenoids
Gargle with warm and saline water for soothing the infection
Taking steam regularly to subside the swelling
A glass of warm turmeric milk at night
Consuming honey and ginger on a regular basis to reduce the inflammation
Chamomile tea curbs the inflammation as it has antibacterial effects
Tulsi leaves or juice with honey is a natural immunity booster that fights infections
Have 1-2 crushed cloves of garlic every day to boost immunity
Eating tomatoes help in easing out the allergic cold because of its antihistamine properties
Homeopathic medicines for infected Adenoids
- Calcarea carb– This homeopathic medicine is quite effective for infected/inflamed adenoids. This medicine is prescribed for children who frequently catch cold and other throat-related infections.
- Mercurius SOL 30– This remedy is given in the cases when along with adenoiditis, the person has an infected ear. In such an ear infection, thick, yellow malodorous discharge drains out of the ear. The pain gets severe while sleeping and feels like a whistling noise in the infected ear. Mercurius SOL 30 is among the most prescribed medicine to cure this condition.
- KALI SUPHURICUM 30– Kali Suphuricum 30 is taken if the adenoids grow again after the treatment. It cures symptoms such as snoring, stuffy nose along with discharge from it. This homeopathic remedy works effectively for all the mentioned symptoms.
- BROMINE 30– This medicine is the safest to consume after surgery. It works actively in getting rid of the complications or recurrence of the symptoms after the surgery.
Ayurvedic medicines for Adenoiditis
- Kanchanar Guggulu- This ayurvedic medicine for adenoiditis works most effectively when taken along with honey. Within a few days only, it reduces the symptoms of adenoiditis to a great extent. If the symptoms do not go away even after many days of consumption, reach out to a specialist doctor.
- Koldoff tablet- This ayurvedic tablet actively fights the infections of the nose and throat. It helps in curing the viral and bacterial infections of the upper respiratory system. This medicine does wonder in giving relief from adenoiditis.
Surgical Treatment- Adenoidectomy
Our Clinical Footprint
Our Clinical Footprint