Anal Fistula Surgery in India | Laser Procedure
What is Anal Fistula?
An anal fistula is an inflammation of the blood vessels of the anal canal that results in an abnormal channel between the anal canal and the skin near the anus.
It is usually seen in the people who had an earlier anal abscess. An anal abscess is a cavity formed because of infection and is filled with purulent discharge. Fistula forms when the drained abscess does not heal completely.
Anal fistula results in bleeding along with the discharge from it. Once a fistula develops, it should not be left untreated as it can get severe with time, such as persistence of drainage for a long time.
Get Anal Fistula treatment cost estimate
Signs and Symptoms
Anal fistulas can cause unpleasant symptoms, such as discomfort and skin irritation, and will not usually get better on their own. Surgery is recommended in most cases.
Symptoms of an anal fistula can include:
- skin irritation around the anus
- a constant, throbbing pain that may be worse when you sit down, move around, poo or cough
- smelly discharge from near your anus
- passing pus or blood when you poo
- swelling and redness around your anus and a high temperature (fever) if you also have an abscess
- difficulty controlling bowel movements (bowel incontinence) in some cases
The end of the fistula might be visible as a hole in the skin near your anus, although this may be difficult for you to see yourself.
Treatments of Fistula
In most cases, simple measures will alleviate symptoms while hemorrhoids heal on their own. However, medication or surgery may be necessary in certain cases.
Visiting a doctor is mandatory in the case of fistula. In the initial stage of anal fistula, home remedies are quite effective in reducing the symptoms of anal fistula. The best and the most effective remedial steps to be followed at home are as follows:
- Keep yourself hydrated – Drink about 8-10 glasses of water every day. Refrain from caffeinated beverages and alcohol as they tend to dehydrate the body. Choose healthier alternatives like fruit juices, turmeric milk, and ginger tea. This will keep constipation away. High fluid intake will make the stools softer and will also keep the intestines clear.
- Boost your immunity – Maintain a healthy diet that improves your immunity to resist and fight infections. Include olive oil, fish, citrus fruits in your regular diet as they are rich in vitamin C, omega-3s, and omega-6s. It will reduce the inflammation of the fistula and give you some comfort.
- Use Cushion or Pillow – Using a pillow or cushion of a ring shape helps in relieving the pressure from the vessels of the anal region. This will make you feel comfortable.
- Sitz Bath – People with painful fistula can get relief by sitting in moderately warm water several times a day. This procedure is called sitz bath. It is a hot water bath that cleans the rectal area and prevents bacteria build-up. The sitz bath is most effective when taken after passing stools. It provides immediate relief from pain and irritability in the rectal region and keeps the blood flow right.
- Personal hygiene is a must – Keep the anal region clean, wash it gently every time you go to the toilet. This will prevent any infection caused by bacteria build-up. Keep the wipes handy for emergency situations. Regularly change the underclothing if the fistula leaks. Keep your hands clean as it will reduce the chances of perianal irritability due to fistula. Taking all the remedial steps will definitely bring about a great change in your condition.
Surgical Laser Treatment
Never take any medication without consulting a homeopathic doctor to avoid any side effects or allergies. Some of the most effective homeopathy medicines for fistula are as follows:
- Myristica Sebifera– This homeopathic medicine proves quite effective in reducing the discharge from the fistula and speeds up the healing. In less severe cases, it even completely gets the person cured of fistula.
- Silica Terra– Silica Terra acts effectively in treating the discharge from the fistula. Sometimes, blood may also be present in the stools along with purulent discharge. Silica terra aids in treating the hypersensitive and inflamed skin around the anus.
- Hepar Sulph– This homeopathic medicine gives relief from the acute pain caused by fistula. It heals the inflammation in the skin of the anus area. This medicine also proves to be effective in subsiding the swelling around the anus.
Diet for Fistula Patients
Avoid having spicy, deep-fried and processed foods as they may lead to constipation. Having a diet rich in fibers and fluids is highly recommended to improve the symptoms of fistula. Fiber-rich diet makes the stools soft and bulky, thereby reducing the strain while bowel movements.
Fiber and fluid rich diet options for fistula are:
- Banana, apple, orange, papaya pear, prunes, pomegranate, and melon help in keeping the body hydrated an enabling the easy passage stools.
- Cauliflower, carrots, radish, onion, tomato, peas, beans, broccoli and spinach have quite a high amount of fiber that helps in the healthy digestion process.
- Brown rice, oatmeals, oat bran, barley, wheat germ, brown bread, cereals, nuts, and seeds also prove to help in providing symptomatic relief in the fistula.
Our clinics are accessible from these cities
If hemorrhoid symptoms persist after 1 week or complications occur, a person may need medical treatment. A person should call a doctor if certain symptoms appear, particularly heavy bleeding, severe pain, or fever. You can visit us at the following cities:
Our Clinical Footprint
We provide easy storage and access to information from Mantra Care technology. Here, patients can easily acquire notes from virtual doctor consultation, treatment plans, prescriptions, and more from one place. Get medical information 24/7 from any digital device.
Mantra Care aims at creating a much more efficient experience for the patients through their cost-effective and quality-driven medical treatments.
We provide relatively lower cost treatments for almost every health problem making our company the best choice for patients. Mantra Care technology automates all the manual tasks for members and doctors, making it a viable choice for acquiring lower-cost treatments.
Frequently Asked Question's
Generally, when you discuss the problem with a fistula surgeon, he informs you about the precautions. The precautions include fasting after midnight before the surgery, having a bowel prep, complete stop on smoking and alcohol.
Post-surgery, you should refrain from lifting heavy weights until you heal properly. You should make sure not to have any spicy or oily food.
When there is constipation or difficulty in passing a stool, you tend to strain and stretch the sphincter muscles. This kind of straining can cause problems such as piles or anal fissures. Anal fistula is a passage between the outer skin of the anus to the anal canal or inner rectum with abnormal connection.
Ayurvedic treatments like Kshara Sutra Ligation is effective in managing the condition of anorectal disoreders such as anal fissure and anal fistula. However, for effective treatments, most doctors recommend undergoing surgical treatments. Laser surgery is considered to be the best, safest, and most effective treatment for anal fistula.
- You can apply ice multiple times a day for 10-20 minutes.
- Soak your anus in warm water for 15-20 minutes everyday.
- When you sit on the toilet seat, support your feet with a step stool.
- Place a gauze or maxi pad to absorb the drainage from your anal fistula.
Some of the best foods to eat if you anal fistula include:
- Peas and beans
- Seeds and nuts
- Wheat bran
- Oat bran
- Whole grains
- Citrus fruits
- Prunes and prune juice
If you have anal fistula, you should avoid caffeine, limit the intake of coffee, tea, and chocolates. These food items can aggarvate the conditionof your anal fistula. Limit the consumption of papad, carbonated beverages, pickles, and fast food. You should laso limit the intake of spicy, oily and fried foods in anal fistula.