C3R Surgery In Allahabad
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a procedure that uses riboflavin to crosslink the corneal collagen. The benefits of CCL include a higher level of transparency in the cornea, increased resistance to aging and UV light damage, and a reduction in the incidence of cataracts.
CCL is performed using a special type of laser that vaporizes the surface layer of the cornea. This then triggers the release of riboflavin from the eye where it can crosslink the corneal collagen. After CCL is performed, your doctor will prescribe regular eye exams to monitor for any potential side effects.
There are several benefits to undergoing CCL, including a higher level of transparency in the cornea, increased resistance to aging and UV light damage, and a reduction in the incidence of cataracts. If you are considering this procedure, be sure to speak with your doctor in Allahabad about all of your options.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
To perform corneal collagen crosslinking, the surgeon first takes a biopsy of the affected area of the cornea. This biopsy will help determine the best treatment option for you. The biopsy is then sent to a laboratory where it is analyzed to determine how severe your condition is and how much crosslinking needs to be done.
Once your surgeon has determined what type of treatment you need, they will start by applying an antibiotic ointment to the biopsy site. Then, they will use a laser to destroy the surrounding tissue. This will cause the riboflavin to enter the area and start crosslinking the collagen cells.
The procedure usually takes about 30 minutes and you may experience some mild discomfort following it. However, most people are able to return to their normal activities within a few days. If you experience any significant discomfort or if your vision doesn’t improve after crosslinking, your surgeon may recommend additional treatments, such as phototherapeutic keratectomy (PTK).
C3R Surgery Cost In Allahabad
The cost of C3R surgery in Allahabad can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Allahabad varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Allahabad
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Allahabad, including MantraCare Allahabad, Eye Clinic Allahabad, Eye Center Allahabad, and Eye Mantra Allahabad. EyeMantra is one of Allahabad’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Allahabad are accessible from the following areas :
- Civil Lines
- Darbhanga Colony
- Lowther Road
- Tagore Town
- Nai Basti
- Kalyani Devi
- Ashok Nagar
- Gangotri Nagar
- Kala Danda
- South Malaka
- Colnel Ganj
- Marauka Uparhar
- Bhola Purva Sulem Sarai
- George Town
- Shashtri Nagar
- Muhibuddinpur Bharetha
- GT Road
- Maulvi Ganj
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Allahabad
Happy Patients from Allahabad after C3R Surgery
“My cornea had been cloudy for a few years but I just couldn’t see the way it should. I went to Mantra Care and they fixed this problem in no time. There are no more glasses or contact lenses for me.”
– Rishi (Allahabad)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Allahabad offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Allahabad, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Allahabad. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.