C3R Surgery In Bellary
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a medical treatment for keratoconus, a progressive, often debilitating eye disease. CCL uses ultraviolet A (UVA) light to break down the corneal collagen and create a more elastic surface. Riboflavin is then used to reattach the broken bonds and reset the cornea.
Riboflavin has been used to crosslink collagen in many other applications, such as surgery for breast cancer. However, there have been few studies on its use in CCL. One study found that riboflavin increased the efficacy of UVA light therapy by 50%. In addition, riboflavin was found to be safe and well-tolerated in adults with keratoconus.
If you are considering CCL or riboflavin surgery for your keratoconus, be sure to speak with your doctor in Bellary about the risks and benefits of these treatments.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
The CCL procedure is performed as an outpatient surgery. The doctor will first sedate you and then insert a small camera into your eye. This will allow them to see the inside of your eye more clearly. After that, they will inject you with a numbing agent and local anesthetic.
Next, they will use a long needle to inject riboflavin into the cornea. After that, the anesthesia will wear off and you will start to feel a little bit painless.
After the CCL procedure is complete, you may need some help getting back to your normal routine. The doctor will usually advise you to avoid bright light for several hours after the surgery. You may also experience some mild discomfort for a few days afterward. However, most people report excellent results after CCL.
C3R Surgery Cost In Bellary
The cost of C3R surgery in Bellary can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Bellary varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Bellary
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Bellary, including MantraCare Bellary, Eye Clinic Bellary, Eye Center Bellary, and Eye Mantra Bellary. EyeMantra is one of Bellary’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Bellary are accessible from the following areas :
- Parvathi Nagar
- Cowl Bazar
- Basaveshvara Nagar
- Kuvempu Nagar
- Bapu Ji Nagar
- LLC Colony
- Satya Narayana Pet
- TGB Colony
- Devi Nagar
- Patel Nagar
- Hospet Road
- Kappagal Road
- Ring road
- Shastri Nagar
- Ashok Nagar
- Old Katte Gudda
- Moka Road
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Bellary
Happy Patients from Bellary after C3R Surgery
“I was diagnosed with keratoconus twelve years ago, and my vision has been deteriorating ever since. After three corneal collagen crosslinking surgeries with riboflavin by MantraCare, I finally see clearly without glasses. I can’t believe the difference this surgery has made in my life.”
– Rishi (Bellary)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Bellary offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Bellary, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Bellary. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.