C3R Surgery In Bhilai
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a new treatment option for corneal dystrophy. CCL uses riboflavin as an agent to crosslink the corneal collagen fibers. This can help improve the strength and stability of the cornea.
CCL is a safe, minimally-invasive procedure that can be performed in an outpatient setting. It is typically performed as a single treatment, but it may be repeated if needed. After CCL, patients may experience some mild visual improvements, but the majority of benefits may only be seen after several treatments. There are some potential side effects associated with CCL, but they are generally mild and manageable.
There is still much we don’t know about CCL, but its potential benefits make it a promising treatment option for people with corneal dystrophy. If you are interested in considering CCL as an option for your cornea, please consult with your doctor in Bhilai.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
In eye surgery, corneal collagen crosslinking is a treatment used to improve the vision of some patients. Crosslinking uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to help change the structure of the cornea, which can improve vision. The procedure is done in a hospital by an ophthalmologist.
The patient’s eyes are dilated and placed in a special machine that applies heat to the front of the eye. Riboflavin is then injected into the eye, and it reacts with the corneal collagen to create a new crosslinked structure. This new structure is stronger and can hold more light, which can improve vision.
The procedure usually lasts about an hour and results in improved vision in about half of patients. Side effects may include mild discomfort and a temporary decrease in visual acuity. The procedure is usually successful for people ages 18 to 80 years old who have good vision in their other eye.
C3R Surgery Cost In Bhilai
The cost of C3R surgery in Bhilai can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Bhilai varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Bhilai
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Bhilai, including MantraCare Bhilai, Eye Clinic Bhilai, Eye Center Bhilai, and Eye Mantra Bhilai. EyeMantra is one of Bhilai’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Bhilai are accessible from the following areas :
- Maitri Kunj
- Surya Vihar
- Kailash Nagar
- Model Town
- Kosa Nagar
- Nehru Nagar
- New Borsi
- Padum Nagar
- Smriti Nagar
- Ayyappa Nagar
- Shanti Nagar
- Vaishali Nagar
- Radhika Nagar
- Jawahar Nagar
- Sunder Nagar
- Pragati Nagar
- Shivaji Nagar
- Kripal Nagar
- Housing Board Colony
- Nandini Road
- Dacha Bhavan
- Camp 2
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Bhilai
Happy Patients from Bhilai after C3R Surgery
“The surgeon at the Bhilai hospital explained that collagen crosslinking was a revolutionary treatment where the eyes are treated by injecting riboflavin into the corneas of patients who have been diagnosed with keratoconus. He also said that this procedure can prevent corneal transplant in some cases.”
– Rishi (Bhilai)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Bhilai offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Bhilai, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Bhilai. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.