C3R Surgery In Bhubaneswar
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a new non-invasive procedure that uses riboflavin to improve the quality of corneal collagen. The procedure is simple and can be done in a doctor’s office. In Bhubaneswar, CCL is being used to improve the quality of corneal tissue in patients with keratoconus.
For most patients, CCL is a safe and effective way to improve their vision. However, like all surgeries, there are some risks associated with CCL. Most patients experience no major complications following the procedure, but there is a small chance of minor side effects such as redness, swelling, or pain.
If you are interested in considering CCL as a way to improve your vision, contact your doctor in Bhubaneswar today to discuss your options.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a surgical procedure that helps to improve the appearance of the cornea. The procedure uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) as an agent to crosslink the corneal collagen. Collagen is a type of protein that makes up the structure of the cornea. Crosslinking strengthens and stabilizes the cornea, which can help reduce the likelihood of future eye injuries and help improve vision.
The procedure is done as an outpatient surgery. First, you will be given an injection of riboflavin solution into the eye. This solution will cause the corneal collagen to crosslink. After the solution has been injected, a small incision will be made in your eye. The cross-linking solution will then be applied to the area where the incision was made. The cross-linking solution will stay in your eye for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, you will be able to go home.
There are no long-term side effects from this procedure. In fact, most people see improvements in their vision within days after surgery. If you have any questions about your surgery or any concerns about your vision, please contact your doctor or hospital immediately.
C3R Surgery Cost In Bhubaneswar
The cost of C3R surgery in Bhubaneswar can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Bhubaneswar varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Bhubaneswar
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Bhubaneswar, including MantraCare Bhubaneswar, Eye Clinic Bhubaneswar, Eye Center Bhubaneswar, and Eye Mantra Bhubaneswar. EyeMantra is one of Bhubaneswar’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Bhubaneswar are accessible from the following areas :
- Sastri Nagar
- Cuttack Road
- Jaydev Vihar
- Delta Square
- Madhusudan Nagar
- Saheed Nagar
- Ganga Nagar
- Patia Collage Road
- Satya Nagar
- Bhola Chandaka
- Acharya Vihar
- BJB Nagar
- Gautam Nagar
- Tankapani Road
- Lakshmi Sagar
- Lewis Road
- Vani Vihar
- Sailashree Vihar
- Jatni Road
- Soubhagya Nagar
- Gajpati Nagar
- Shreeram Nagar
- Nageswar Tangi
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Bhubaneswar
Happy Patients from Bhubaneswar after C3R Surgery
“I was recommended to have this procedure done by Dr. Shweta for keratoconus and when it was over, I could see a marked improvement in my vision. It has also reduced my astigmatism significantly.”
– Rishi (Bhubaneswar)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Bhubaneswar offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Bhubaneswar, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Bhubaneswar. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.