C3R Surgery In Chennai
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a type of laser surgery that uses riboflavin to crosslink the corneal collagen. This is a non-invasive treatment that helps to improve the appearance of the cornea.
CCL is most commonly used to treat dry eye syndrome, but it can also be used to improve other conditions such as keratoconus and post-laser blepharoplasty.
There are several potential side effects associated with CCL, including minor discomfort and light sensitivity. However, most people find that the results are worth it. If you are considering this treatment option in Chennai, please speak with your doctor about your specific situation.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
The doctor will first examine your eyes to see if you are a good candidate for CCL. If you have keratoconus, your doctor will likely recommend CCL as the best treatment option.If you are a good candidate for CCL, the doctor will prescribe riboflavin medication. You will need to take the medication every day for several weeks.
After you have taken the riboflavin medication for a few weeks, the doctor will perform the CCL procedure. During the procedure, the doctor will apply a Riboflavin solution to your eyes. The Riboflavin solution will cause your corneal collagen to crosslink.
After the CCL procedure is complete, you may experience some mild pain and temporary vision changes. But most people recover completely from CCL surgery without any long-term problems.
C3R Surgery Cost In Chennai
The cost of C3R surgery in Chennai can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Chennai varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Chennai
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Chennai, including MantraCare Chennai, Eye Clinic Chennai, Eye Center Chennai, and Eye Mantra Chennai. EyeMantra is one of Chennai’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Chennai are accessible from the following areas :
- Anna Nagar
- Anna Nagar east
- Anna Nagar western extn
- Anna Road
- Cemetry Road
- Central Institute of technology
- Central Leather research institute
- Chamiers Road
- Race course
- D G vaishnav college
- Decosters Road
- Defence Officer’s colony
- Directorate Of tech education
- Dr. Ambedkar Nagar
- Eldams Road
- Engineering College
- Ethiraj Salai
- Flowers Road
- Foreshore Estate
- Fort St george
- G K m colony
- Gaudiyamath Road
- Golluvar Agraharam road
- Government Estate
- Govt Stanley hospital
- Greams Road
- Guindy Industrial estate
- Guindy North
- High Court building
- Hindi Prachar sabha
- Icf Colony
- Indian Institute of technology
- Indira Nagar
- Jam Bazaar
- Jawahar Nagar
- Kalaignar Karunanidhi Nagar
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Chennai
Happy Patients from Chennai after C3R Surgery
“I had corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery done by a group of people who were highly recommended. I am thankful for the help and care that these people offered me. My experience was wonderful, and I would recommend this service to anyone.”
– Rishi (Chennai)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Chennai offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Chennai, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Chennai. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.