C3R Surgery In Davanagere
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a treatment for corneal dystrophy in which the surface layer of the cornea is damaged and becomes thin and brittle. CCL is performed using riboflavin, which reacts with the corneal collagen to form a crosslink. This crosslink strengthens the cornea and reduces its ability to degenerate.
Riboflavin can be administered as an eye drop, which is how it is typically used in CCL. Side effects are usually minimal, but may include a feeling of warmth or flushing in the eyes, sensitivity to light, or blurred vision.
If you are interested in learning more about this procedure or if you would like to schedule a consultation with one of our experts, please don’t hesitate to contact us at our office in Davanagere.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
In order for the riboflavin to crosslink the corneal collagen, it must first be absorbed into the eye. To do this, the doctor will usually prescribe an oral medication called a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). This medication blocks the absorption of dietary sugars, including riboflavin, which helps to increase its chance of being absorbed into the eye.
After taking the PPI for a few days, the doctor will then perform the crosslinking procedure. During this procedure, a special light is used to heat up and fuse the corneal collagen together. The light also causes minor damage to the surface of the eye, which helps to stimulate healing.
The crosslinking procedure can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, and most patients are able to go back to their regular activities within a few days. There are no long-term side effects associated with this surgery, but some people may experience mild discomfort after undergoing it.
C3R Surgery Cost In Davanagere
The cost of C3R surgery in Davanagere can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Davanagere varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Davanagere
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Davanagere, including MantraCare Davanagere, Eye Clinic Davanagere, Eye Center Davanagere, and Eye Mantra Davanagere. EyeMantra is one of Davanagere’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Davanagere are accessible from the following areas :
- Davanagere-Harihara Road
- kuvempu nagar
- Imam Nagar
- Hadadi road
- Kondajji road
- KB Extension
- SS Layout
- Ellamma Nagar
- Swami Vivekananda Badavane
- Apache Nagar
- Basweshwar Layout
- Vinayaka Badavane
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Davanagere
Happy Patients from Davanagere after C3R Surgery
“I had corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery and I have to say that the staff at MantraCare was amazing. They made me feel so comfortable and they were very friendly and informative. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who needs this procedure.”
– Rishi (Davanagere)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Davanagere offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Davanagere, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Davanagere. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.