C3R Surgery In Gandhinagar
Corneal collagen cross-linking (CCL) is a new and emerging treatment for corneal dystrophy. CCL uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to cross-link the corneal collagen fibers. The results of CCL treatments are often very promising, with improvements in both visual acuity and clarity.
There are some potential side effects associated with CCL treatments, but they are generally mild and usually resolve within a few months. The most common side effects include redness, pain, and swelling in the eye.
If you are interested in learning more about CCL or if you are considering this treatment as an option for your eyes, please contact our office in Gandhinagar. We would be happy to discuss your options with you and answer any questions that you may have.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
The procedure typically begins with an examination by a doctor to determine if you are a good candidate for CCL. Next, an injection of riboflavin into the eye is made using a fine needle. The riboflavin usually takes about 2-3 hours to work its way into the eye. After the injection has been made, you will need to rest your eyes for about an hour before returning for surgery.
During surgery, the surgeon will use a microscope to remove excess dead skin and fat from around your eyes. They will then make several small cuts in your eyes so that they can see and access the inside of your eyes. The surgeon will then place a small piece of glass over one of your eyes so that they can see what they are doing during the surgery.
After removing all of the excess skin and fat, the surgeon will then place a bandage over your eyes. They will then start to crosslink your corneal collagen with riboflavin using a special laser. The process usually takes about 30 minutes but can sometimes take up to an hour.
C3R Surgery Cost In Gandhinagar
The cost of C3R surgery in Gandhinagar can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Gandhinagar varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Gandhinagar
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Gandhinagar, including MantraCare Gandhinagar, Eye Clinic Gandhinagar, Eye Center Gandhinagar, and Eye Mantra Gandhinagar. EyeMantra is one of Gandhinagar’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Gandhinagar are accessible from the following areas :
- KH Road
- Nava Koba
- GIFT City
- Ambica Nagar
- Bagodara-Vasad 6 Lane Highway
- Pethapur Road
- Mahudi Highway
- Mahudi Road
- Moti Bhoyan
- SG Highway
- Sector 16
- Kolavada Road
- Sector 3
- Mansa Road
- Urjanagar 1
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Gandhinagar
Happy Patients from Gandhinagar after C3R Surgery
“I have been a MantraCare patient for about one year. I was frustrated by the symptoms of dry eye and tried every product in the world to help me. One day when I was looking at my insurance information, I came across an article on corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery and decided to give it a try. The results were great and I would highly recommend this to anyone.”
– Rishi (Gandhinagar)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Gandhinagar offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Gandhinagar, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Gandhinagar. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.