Scleral Buckle Surgery In Gandhinagar
Scleral buckle surgery is a common eye surgery in India. It is a corrective procedure used to adjust the shape of the sclera or white part of the eye. This procedure is done to correct refractive errors and provide better vision.
Scleral buckle surgery is performed on an outpatient basis using local anesthesia. The surgeon makes a small incision in the lower eyelid and uses a suction device to remove the excess skin and fat around the eye. Next, the surgeon places a band around the upper lid, creating a “buckle” effect. This allows the surgeon to adjust the size and shape of the sclera without having to remove any of the eyeball.
Scleral buckle surgery can be used to correct refractive errors, such as myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism. It can also be used to improve vision in patients who have had cataract surgery or treatment for other eye diseases.
If you are considering scleral buckle surgery in Gandhinagar, be sure to speak with your doctor about your specific situation and how best to proceed.
Scleral Buckling Procedure
The complete Scleral Buckling Surgery Procedure is as follows:
- The surgeon will make an incision in the sclera, a thin tissue that covers the eye.
- The surgeon will then use a microscope to remove the excess skin and fat from the eye.
- The surgeon will then use special instruments to loosen and remove the bulging muscle from the eye socket.
- The surgeon will then insert a metal ring through the hole created in step 3 and tighten it gradually until the eye buckles.
- The sclera is then sealed with multiple stitches to hold it in place.
Why Scleral Buckling?
Scleral buckling surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that can offer a number of benefits over traditional eye surgery. These benefits include:
- Reduced recovery time. Scleral buckling surgery is typically performed as an outpatient procedure, which means you can take less time off of work and enjoy greater mobility and flexibility following the surgery.
- Reduced pain. Scleral buckling surgery is typically performed using a local anesthetic and often causes minimal discomfort following the procedure.
- Reduced risks of complications. Scleral buckling surgery is a relatively safe procedure with a low risk of complications. In fact, most patients report minimal post-operative discomfort and no permanent visual impairment.
- Greater potential for improved vision. Scleral buckling surgery can result in improved vision in a number of cases, depending on the severity of your underlying disease or condition and the extent of visual impairment present at the time of the surgery.
Scleral Buckle Surgery Cost In Gandhinagar
The cost of scleral buckle surgery varies depending on the severity of the retinal detachment and the number of bands that are needed to repair the retina. In general, scleral buckle surgery costs varies between ₹40,000 to ₹70,000. Scleral buckle surgery is typically covered by health insurance plans.
Scleral Buckle Surgery Hospitals in Gandhinagar
There are several scleral buckle eye hospitals in Gandhinagar, including MantraCare Gandhinagar, Eye Clinic Gandhinagar, Eye Center Gandhinagar, and Eye Mantra Gandhinagar. EyeMantra is one of Gandhinagar’s leading scleral buckle treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Gandhinagar are accessible from the following areas :
- KH Road
- Nava Koba
- GIFT City
- Ambica Nagar
- Bagodara-Vasad 6 Lane Highway
- Pethapur Road
- Mahudi Highway
- Mahudi Road
- Moti Bhoyan
- SG Highway
- Sector 16
- Kolavada Road
- Sector 3
- Mansa Road
- Urjanagar 1
Top Scleral Buckle Doctors in Gandhinagar
Happy Patients from Gandhinagar after Scleral Buckle Surgery
“MantraCare has been a blessing so many times. I got married just two months after my surgery and the lack of complications with my eyes made our wedding day perfect!”
– Megha (Gandhinagar)
Frequently Asked Questions
Scleral buckle surgery is a type of eye surgery that is used to treat retinal detachments. The surgery involves placing a band around the outside of the eye, which helps to hold the retina in place. The surgery is usually done in combination with other procedures, such as laser surgery or vitrectomy. MantraCare Gandhinagar offers one of the best facilities & doctors for Scleral buckle surgeries.
There are several risks associated with scleral buckling such as:
- Infection: There is a risk of infection associated with any surgery, and scleral buckling is no exception.
- Bleeding: There is also a risk of bleeding during or after scleral buckling surgery.
- Retinal Detachment: One of the more serious risks associated with scleral buckling is retinal detachment. This occurs when the retina becomes separated from the back of the eye and can lead to vision loss.
- Glaucoma: Another potential complication of scleral buckling surgery is glaucoma. This occurs when the pressure in the eye increases, which can damage the optic nerve and lead to vision loss.
At MantraCare Gandhinagar, the scleral buckle surgery costs around Rs. 40,000. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case and the procedure used.
Recovery from scleral buckle surgery usually takes one to two weeks. During this time, you will need to avoid strenuous activity and protect your eye from injury.
Mantracare is one of the best hospital for scleral buckle surgery in Gandhinagar. They have top retina doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.