C3R Surgery In Gangtok
Corneal collagen cross-linking (CCL) is a relatively new and promising treatment for dry eyes. It is a non-invasive procedure that uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to create cross-links between the cornea’s collagen fibers. This results in the improvement of dry eye symptoms, including reduced inflammation and better vision.
The procedure is typically done as an outpatient procedure, and most patients experience minimal discomfort after the procedure. Most patients see significant improvement in their dry eye symptoms within 6 to 12 weeks, with some seeing even more dramatic results.
If you are interested in learning more about CCL or other treatments for dry eyes, please contact our office at (Phagwara) for a consultation.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a safe and effective procedure that helps improve the appearance of the eye. In CCL, riboflavin (a vitamin B2) is used to crosslink the corneal collagen. This helps to restore the cornea’s structural integrity and reduce the severity of keratoconus, a condition that can cause vision loss.
The doctor will first determine if you are a good candidate for CCL. This involves taking measurements of your eyes and doing a visual assessment. If you are a good candidate, the doctor will then schedule an appointment to perform the procedure.
During CCL, the doctor will use an ultrasound machine to guide riboflavin into the cornea. The riboflavin will then start to crosslink the corneal collagen. This process can take up to 48 hours but usually takes around 16 hours. After CCL is completed, you may experience some minor pain and redness in the eye. However, most people report no lasting side effects from this procedure.
C3R Surgery Cost In Gangtok
The cost of C3R surgery in Gangtok can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Gangtok varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Gangtok
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Gangtok, including MantraCare Gangtok, Eye Clinic Gangtok, Eye Center Gangtok, and Eye Mantra Gangtok. EyeMantra is one of Gangtok’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Gangtok are accessible from the following areas :
- Power Sect.
- Bara Pathing
- Tatanchen Area
- Balwakhani Area
- Vip Colony
- White Hall
- Amdo Golai
- Tadong Bazar
- A.G. Quarters
- Forest Sect.
- Sichey Busty
- Forest Colony
- Ranka Rd
- JN Road
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Gangtok
Happy Patients from Gangtok after C3R Surgery
“I had an issue with my eyesight that needed to be resolved. I had corneal collagen crosslinking and riboflavin surgery. My vision is now 20/20!”
– Rishi (Gangtok)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Gangtok offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Gangtok, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Gangtok. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.