C3R Surgery In Ghaziabad
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a common procedure used to improve the quality of your vision. CCL uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to help your eye’s natural collagen fibers bond together more easily, which can improve the clarity of your vision. In addition to improving your vision, CCL has many other benefits, such as reducing the risk of age-related macular degeneration, reducing the risk of diabetes, and improving the overall appearance of your eyes.
There are a few different types of CCL procedures available, but the most common is laser-assisted CCL. This type of procedure uses a laser to heat up the surface of your cornea and then uses a special solution to help the collagen fibers bond together. There are also radiofrequency-assisted CCL procedures available, which use RF waves to help heat up the surface of your cornea and help the collagen fibers bond together.
If you are interested in having CCL performed on your eyes, be sure to speak with your eye doctor in Ghaziabad about all of your options.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
The patient typically takes a small dose of riboflavin before the procedure. The ophthalmologist then applies a topical anesthetic to the affected area and removes any eyeglasses or contact lenses. The anesthetic can also be given intravenously if needed. After applying pressure to the eye for a short time, the ophthalmologist begins the CCL procedure.
The ophthalmologist first applies riboflavin to the cornea in an exact location where it will crosslink the collagen. Next, they use a handheld laser to heat up the riboflavin until it begins to break down into its active form, flavin mononucleotide (FMN). This process forms FMN-CoA bonds with the corneal collagen, which starts to rebuild the damaged areas in the cornea. As CCL continues, more and more FMN-CoA bonds are formed until finally all of the collagen has been crosslinked.
After completing the CCL procedure, most patients experience some mild discomfort and dryness for about two weeks.
C3R Surgery Cost In Ghaziabad
The cost of C3R surgery in Ghaziabad can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Ghaziabad varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Ghaziabad
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Ghaziabad, including MantraCare Ghaziabad, Eye Clinic Ghaziabad, Eye Center Ghaziabad, and Eye Mantra Ghaziabad. EyeMantra is one of Ghaziabad’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Ghaziabad are accessible from the following areas :
- Adhyatmic Nagar
- Arya Nagar
- Ashok Nagar
- Ator Nagla
- Aurangabad Ristal
- Badshahnpur Siroli
- Bajhera Kalan
- Bajhera Khurd
- Basantpur Sainthli
- Behta Hazipur
- Bhaina Dholpur
- Bharat Nagar
- Bhup Kheri
- Biraj Ghat
- Chander Nagar
- Dasna Gate ed
- Dasna R.s.
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Ghaziabad
Happy Patients from Ghaziabad after C3R Surgery
“I am completely satisfied with my results after the corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery. My vision has improved a lot and I can read small print without any strain. In just three months, I could see much better than before and the doctor was amazed at how quickly my vision recovered.”
– Rishi (Ghaziabad)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Ghaziabad offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Ghaziabad, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Ghaziabad. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.