Scleral Buckle Surgery In Gorakhpur
Scleral buckle surgery is a surgical procedure to fix an eyelid that has become floppy or detached from the eyeball. The surgery is done on an outpatient basis and is generally safe, with few complications.
After the surgery, patients may experience some mild discomfort as their eyes adjust to their new appearance. Most patients are able to return to their normal activities within a few weeks.
Our team at Mantracare Gorakhpur is experienced in performing all types of scleral buckle surgeries and can help you get the best possible result. If you are interested in learning more about this type of surgery or if you would like to schedule a consultation with one of our surgeons, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Scleral Buckling Procedure
The complete Scleral Buckling Surgery Procedure is as follows:
- Patients are typically awake during the surgery and may feel some mild discomfort.
- A local anesthetic is injected into the eye to numb the area.
- A small incision is made in the lower eyelid and the sclera (outer layer of the eye) is pulled down to reveal the eyeball.
- The surgeon uses a specialized tool to pry open the eye’s bulging anterior chamber, exposing the inner surface of the iris and pupil.
- The surgeon then removes any debris or excess fluid from inside the eye with a suction device.
- The surgeon places a small implant over the pupil and allows it to fuse with the surrounding tissue before closing up the incision
Why Scleral Buckling?
The benefits of scleral buckling surgery, or customized refractive surgery, include:
- Improved vision.
- Reduced dependence on eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- Reduced risk of eye infections and other medical problems.
- Increased accuracy and precision when using tools and instruments.
- Greater comfort when wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- Ability to see more clearly in low light conditions.
- Reduced need for surgical revision or replacement of lenses over time.
Scleral Buckle Surgery Cost In Gorakhpur
The cost of scleral buckle surgery varies depending on the severity of the retinal detachment and the number of bands that are needed to repair the retina. In general, scleral buckle surgery costs varies between ₹40,000 to ₹70,000. Scleral buckle surgery is typically covered by health insurance plans.
Scleral Buckle Surgery Hospitals in Gorakhpur
There are several scleral buckle eye hospitals in Gorakhpur, including MantraCare Gorakhpur, Eye Clinic Gorakhpur, Eye Center Gorakhpur, and Eye Mantra Gorakhpur. EyeMantra is one of Gorakhpur’s leading scleral buckle treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Gorakhpur are accessible from the following areas :
- Rajendra Nagar
- Budh Vihar Colony
- Miyan Baza
- RailVihar Ph-2 Colony
- Ashok Nagar
- Nanda Nagar
- Shakti Nagar Colony
- Indira Nagar
- Vistar Colony
- Sahara Estate
- Uruwa Bazar
- Humayunpur Uttari
- Lohiya Nager Colony
- Mundera Bazar
- Padri Bazar
- Bhagwanpur Bujurg
- Ilahi Bagh
- Deoria road
- Dayanand Nagar
- Rahmat Nagar
- Ramjanki Nagar
- Qazipur Khurd
- Azad Nagar
- Rajiv Nagar Colony
- NH 24
- Amrud Mandi
- Sevai bazar
Top Scleral Buckle Doctors in Gorakhpur
Happy Patients from Gorakhpur after Scleral Buckle Surgery
“I am very happy with the surgery and the procedure. I was scared of the pain, but they did a great job. I am recovering well, and it is working out great.”
– Megha (Gorakhpur)
Frequently Asked Questions
Scleral buckle surgery is a type of eye surgery that is used to treat retinal detachments. The surgery involves placing a band around the outside of the eye, which helps to hold the retina in place. The surgery is usually done in combination with other procedures, such as laser surgery or vitrectomy. MantraCare Gorakhpur offers one of the best facilities & doctors for Scleral buckle surgeries.
There are several risks associated with scleral buckling such as:
- Infection: There is a risk of infection associated with any surgery, and scleral buckling is no exception.
- Bleeding: There is also a risk of bleeding during or after scleral buckling surgery.
- Retinal Detachment: One of the more serious risks associated with scleral buckling is retinal detachment. This occurs when the retina becomes separated from the back of the eye and can lead to vision loss.
- Glaucoma: Another potential complication of scleral buckling surgery is glaucoma. This occurs when the pressure in the eye increases, which can damage the optic nerve and lead to vision loss.
At MantraCare Gorakhpur, the scleral buckle surgery costs around Rs. 40,000. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case and the procedure used.
Recovery from scleral buckle surgery usually takes one to two weeks. During this time, you will need to avoid strenuous activity and protect your eye from injury.
Mantracare is one of the best hospital for scleral buckle surgery in Gorakhpur. They have top retina doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.