C3R Surgery In Gwalior
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a treatment for corneal dystrophy that uses riboflavin, a vitamin B2. CCL is a minimally-invasive procedure that works by strengthening the cornea’s collagen fibers. This can help improve vision in patients with dystrophy and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
One of the benefits of CCL is that it is reversible. If you experience any adverse effects from the treatment, such as pain, inflammation, or haze, you can easily discontinue it and restore your normal vision.
In Gwalior, CCL is offered at the Mantracare by Dr. Shweta Jain. After confirming eligibility, she will provide you with all the necessary information about the procedure and schedule your appointment.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a medical procedure that uses riboflavin to treat corneal dystrophy. CCL involves injecting riboflavin into the eye, and it can improve the vision of people with corneal dystrophy. The process of CCL involves several steps.
First, the doctor will determine your eligibility for CCL. You need to have a diagnosis of corneal dystrophy, and your doctor needs to be sure that you are able to tolerate the procedure. After you are eligible, your doctor will create a plan for CCL. This plan will include details about the procedure and your recovery. Next, you will have surgery to inject riboflavin into your eye. This surgery will usually take around an hour to complete.
After surgery, you will need to stay overnight in the hospital for observation. You may also need medication to help you recover from the surgery. Finally, after recovery, you will see your doctor for follow-up appointments.
C3R Surgery Cost In Gwalior
The cost of C3R surgery in Gwalior can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Gwalior varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Gwalior
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Gwalior, including MantraCare Gwalior, Eye Clinic Gwalior, Eye Center Gwalior, and Eye Mantra Gwalior. EyeMantra is one of Gwalior’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Gwalior are accessible from the following areas :
- Geydol Khurd
- Hurawali Link Road
- Aditya Purum
- Lohiya Bazaar
- Moti Jheel
- Gulmohar City Road
- Gayatri Nagar
- Patel Nagar
- Balwant Nagar
- Purani Chhawani
- Tansen Nagar
- Vinay Nagar
- Gohad Road
- Birla Nagar
- Darpan Colony
- Laxmi Ganj
- Gol Pahariya
- Chana Kothar
- Shiv sadan
- Madhav Ganj
- New Colony
- Sharda Vihar
- Madhuwan Enclave
- Pragati Nagar
- Gudagudi Ka Naka
- Sheel Nagar
- Fort View Colony
- Janak Ganj
- Bhind road
- Gurunanak Nagar
- Kailash Nagar
- R. J. Puram
- Siddharth Nagar
- Sanjay Nagar
- Shivpuri Link Road
- Shivaji Nagar
- Awash Colony
- Saraswati Nagar
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Gwalior
Happy Patients from Gwalior after C3R Surgery
“I had a corneal transplant 20 years ago, and I was always very careful about what I put in my eyes. However, it became very difficult to find the right care for my cornea when I started experiencing vision problems over the past few years. MantraCare has been able to help me maintain a good vision for all of these years.”
– Rishi (Gwalior)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Gwalior offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Gwalior, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Gwalior. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.