C3R Surgery In Howrah
Corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery in Howrah is a new and emerging way to improve the vision of people with eye diseases. This procedure uses riboflavin, a vitamin B2, to help crosslink the cornea’s collagen fibers. Crosslinking strengthens the cornea’s outer layer and helps reduce its ability to degenerate over time.
This procedure has been shown to be effective in treating various types of eye diseases, including age-related macular degeneration (AMD), wet age-related macular degeneration (WAMD), and keratoconus. In some cases, it has been found to be as effective as laser surgery or other forms of treatment.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a popular procedure used to improve the appearance of the eyes. CCL uses a light and heat treatment to break down the bonds between the corneal proteins, which helps improve the appearance of the eyes. The treatment is usually done as an outpatient procedure, but there are some cases where it can be done as an inpatient procedure.
During CCL, a special light is used to gently break down the corneal proteins. This light is then followed by a high-temperature treatment that helps to re-form the bonds between the corneal proteins. The treatment usually takes about 30 minutes and is painless. After CCL, patients may experience some temporary discomfort and redness around their eyes. However, most people feel good after CCL and see a significant improvement in their vision.
C3R Surgery Cost In Howrah
The cost of C3R surgery in Howrah can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Howrah varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Howrah
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Howrah, including MantraCare Howrah, Eye Clinic Howrah, Eye Center Howrah, and Eye Mantra Howrah. EyeMantra is one of Howrah’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Howrah are accessible from the following areas :
- Balaram Pota
- Bally, Bally-Jagachha
- Bally, Howrah
- Belur, West Bengal
- Bipra Noapara
- Chandrapur, Bagnan I
- Chandrapur, Bagnan I
- Gangadharpur, Howrah
- Ghoraghata railway station
- Jala Kendua
- Karia, West Bengal
- Kesabpur, India
- Manikpur, West Bengal
- Santoshpur, Uluberia
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Howrah
Happy Patients from Howrah after C3R Surgery
“I was wondering about the safety and success of corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery from MantraCare in Howrah when I got a corneal cataract. I lost vision in my right eye, but after going through this treatment, my vision returned to normal.”
– Rishi (Howrah)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Howrah offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Howrah, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Howrah. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.