Scleral Buckle Surgery In Jamshedpur
Scleral buckle surgery is a popular procedure used to correct problems with the sclera, or the white part of the eye. It is a type of surgery that involves removing the damaged tissue and replacing it with new, healthy material. This procedure can be used to treat a wide variety of conditions, including cataracts and glaucoma.
Scleral buckle surgery is typically done as an outpatient procedure. The patient will usually stay overnight in the hospital following surgery, but most people are able to return home within a few days. Most people report minimal post-operative discomfort, and most recover completely without any complications.
If you are interested in undergoing scleral buckle surgery in Jamshedpur, please contact our clinic for more information.
Scleral Buckling Procedure
The complete Scleral Buckling Surgery Procedure is as follows:
- The patient will be sedated and placed in a supine position. A local anesthetic will be injected into the eye.
- A small incision will then be made in the upper eyelid, just above the pupil.
- A small camera will be inserted into the eye to provide images for mapping purposes.
- The sclera (the white outer layer of the eye) will then be divided using a surgical knife.
- The inner stroma (the clear gel that surrounds the eyeball) will then be pushed outwards, creating a space between the sclera and the underlying retina.
- This space is then filled with a very thick silicone gel (called ‘graft’), which prevents the sclera from buckling back and instead forms a ‘tent’ or ‘cup’ over the eyeball.
Why Scleral Buckling?
Here are some of the benefits of scleral buckling surgery:
- Improved vision: As mentioned earlier, surgical intervention can improve your vision significantly. In some cases, patients can achieve 20/20 vision or better after surgery.
- Reduced dependency on eyeglasses or contacts: Scleral buckling surgery can often eliminate the need for eyeglasses or contact lenses. This is because the new lens configuration replaces the natural lens in the eye with a synthetic one.
- Appearance improvement: The appearance of your eyes may also improve as a result of scleral buckling surgery. The artificial lens has a more natural look and often does not require any additional procedures or treatments to maintain its appearance.
- Reduced risk of eye disease and cataracts: Scleral buckling surgery can help protect your eyes from various forms of eye disease and cataracts. Replacing the natural lens with an artificial one, this type of surgery reduces the risk of these conditions developing in the future.
Scleral Buckle Surgery Cost In Jamshedpur
The cost of scleral buckle surgery varies depending on the severity of the retinal detachment and the number of bands that are needed to repair the retina. In general, scleral buckle surgery costs varies between ₹40,000 to ₹70,000. Scleral buckle surgery is typically covered by health insurance plans.
Scleral Buckle Surgery Hospitals in Jamshedpur
There are several scleral buckle eye hospitals in Jamshedpur, including MantraCare Jamshedpur, Eye Clinic Jamshedpur, Eye Center Jamshedpur, and Eye Mantra Jamshedpur. EyeMantra is one of Jamshedpur’s leading scleral buckle treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Jamshedpur are accessible from the following areas :
- Adarsh Nagar
- Telco Colony
- Naya Bazar
- Northern Town
- Azad Nagar
- Ram Nagar
- Namda Basti
- New Sitaramdera
- Birsa Nagar
- New Rani Kudar
- Bagbera Colony
- Sunder Nagar
- Zakir Nagar
Top Scleral Buckle Doctors in Jamshedpur
Happy Patients from Jamshedpur after Scleral Buckle Surgery
“Everywhere I went, people were impressed with my new look. They liked the extra sparkle in my eye and the brightness that I had regained.”
– Megha (Jamshedpur)
Frequently Asked Questions
Scleral buckle surgery is a type of eye surgery that is used to treat retinal detachments. The surgery involves placing a band around the outside of the eye, which helps to hold the retina in place. The surgery is usually done in combination with other procedures, such as laser surgery or vitrectomy. MantraCare Jamshedpur offers one of the best facilities & doctors for Scleral buckle surgeries.
There are several risks associated with scleral buckling such as:
- Infection: There is a risk of infection associated with any surgery, and scleral buckling is no exception.
- Bleeding: There is also a risk of bleeding during or after scleral buckling surgery.
- Retinal Detachment: One of the more serious risks associated with scleral buckling is retinal detachment. This occurs when the retina becomes separated from the back of the eye and can lead to vision loss.
- Glaucoma: Another potential complication of scleral buckling surgery is glaucoma. This occurs when the pressure in the eye increases, which can damage the optic nerve and lead to vision loss.
At MantraCare Jamshedpur, the scleral buckle surgery costs around Rs. 40,000. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case and the procedure used.
Recovery from scleral buckle surgery usually takes one to two weeks. During this time, you will need to avoid strenuous activity and protect your eye from injury.
Mantracare is one of the best hospital for scleral buckle surgery in Jamshedpur. They have top retina doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.