C3R Surgery In Jodhpur
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a novel and promising treatment for keratoconus, a debilitating eye disease. The technique uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to create crosslinks between the corneal collagen fibers, which strengthens the structure and restores its elasticity.
The benefits of CCL include improved vision, reduced astigmatism, reduced glare, and increased comfort. The procedure is minimally invasive and can be performed in an outpatient setting. There are no long-term side effects associated with CCL, but some patients may experience mild temporary discomfort after the procedure.
If you are interested in learning more about CCL or considering this treatment option for your keratoconus, please contact our office in Jodhpur for more information.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a surgical procedure that uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to improve the strength and elasticity of the corneal collagen layer. CCL can help reduce the risk of keratoconus, a serious eye disease that can cause distorted vision and can also help improve overall eye health.
The procedure is performed as an outpatient surgery under local anesthesia. First, the surgeon removes the excess skin and fat around the eye. Next, they make a small puncture in the center of the pupil using a needleless syringe. Then, they slowly inject riboflavin into the eye until it becomes saturated. This will cause the cornea to start to turn yellow and flake off, which is normal. After about 30 minutes, the flaky outer layer will have been removed and your surgeon will be able to stitch up the wound. There is no long-term damage from CCL, but you may experience some temporary discomfort and blurred vision after surgery.
C3R Surgery Cost In Jodhpur
The cost of C3R surgery in Jodhpur can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Jodhpur varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Jodhpur
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Jodhpur, including MantraCare Jodhpur, Eye Clinic Jodhpur, Eye Center Jodhpur, and Eye Mantra Jodhpur. EyeMantra is one of Jodhpur’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Jodhpur are accessible from the following areas :
- Pali Road
- Shikargarh Enclave
- Adarsh Nagar
- Ashok Nagar
- Pal Road
- Jaisalmer road
- Shastri Nagar
- Vidhya Nagar
- Saran Nagar
- Chopasani Housing Board
- Saraswati Nagar
- Pratap Nagar
- Kabir Nagar
- Gulab Sagar
- Sri Ganganagar
- Shree Ram Nagar
- Bhistiyon Ka Bas
- New Power House road
- Laxmi Nagar
- Rai Ka Bagh
- Baldev Nagar
- Chopasani road
- Prem Nagar
- Pal Gaon
- Pal Balaji
- K K Colony
- Parsvnath City
- Mahadev Nagar
- Vishnu Ki Dhani
- Cantt Area
- Banar Road
- Soder Ki Dhani
- Ajit Colony
- Bhadu Market
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Jodhpur
Happy Patients from Jodhpur after C3R Surgery
“I had corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery done in October 2016. It was so easy to go through the process with Dr. Shweta Jain, who is an expert in this technique. The whole procedure took about 20 minutes and I have seen amazing results.”
– Rishi (Jodhpur)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Jodhpur offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Jodhpur, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Jodhpur. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.