C3R Surgery In Khammam
Corneal collagen cross-linking (CCL) is a new surgical technique that uses riboflavin as a cross-linking agent. CCL was first performed in 2007 and is currently being researched for its potential to improve the durability of corneal lenses.
There are a few minor risks associated with CCL, but overall the procedure is relatively safe. In fact, CCL has been shown to be just as effective as other standard procedures used to repair or replace damaged corneas.
If you’re interested in trying CCL for your eye care needs, be sure to consult with your doctor in Khammam. You may also want to discuss other options, such as a corneal transplant or cryotherapy, before making a decision.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a procedure used to improve the appearance of the cornea. CCL uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to crosslink the corneal collagen. This process helps to restore the appearance of the cornea, by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and improving clarity.
After undergoing consultation with your surgeon, you will be brought into the operating room. You will be given anesthesia and placed on a surgical table. Your eyes will be closed during the procedure.
Your surgeon will first make an incision in your lower eyelid and peel it off. They will then make a small cut in your upper eyelid and through the corneal tissue. Next, they will use a special instrument to gently inject riboflavin into the eye.
The Riboflavin causes the corneal collagen to crosslink. This process restores the appearance of wrinkles and improves clarity in the eye. CCL can last up to 12 months but typically lasts six to eight months.
C3R Surgery Cost In Khammam
The cost of C3R surgery in Khammam can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Khammam varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Khammam
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Khammam, including MantraCare Khammam, Eye Clinic Khammam, Eye Center Khammam, and Eye Mantra Khammam. EyeMantra is one of Khammam’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Khammam are accessible from the following areas :
- Gajula Ramamaram
- Sujatha Nagar
- Manikya Nagar Basti
- Rotary Nagar
- Praksh Nagar
- Raparthi Nagar
- Kaviraj Nagar
- VDO’s Colony
- Moti Nagar
- Mallepalle Chinthagurthi
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Khammam
Happy Patients from Khammam after C3R Surgery
“Before I had this treatment my eyes were very dry and it was often difficult for me to see clearly. Since the procedure, I have felt so much better. The change has been remarkable.”
– Rishi (Khammam)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Khammam offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Khammam, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Khammam. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.