C3R Surgery In Kochi
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a new and emerging technology for the treatment of keratoconus and other corneal diseases. CCL uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) as the active ingredient to crosslink the corneal collagen.
Riboflavin is a natural antioxidant that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. Riboflavin has been shown to be effective in the treatment of keratoconus and other corneal diseases by increasing the strength and thickness of the cornea. In addition, riboflavin has also been shown to improve vision in patients with keratoconus.
For more information on our CCL treatment or to schedule a consultation in Kochi, contact us today!
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a surgical procedure that uses riboflavin as an agent to crosslink the corneal collagen. CCL is used to treat keratoconus, a progressive condition that affects the shape and strength of the cornea. Keratoconus results in a steep curve or folds in the cornea, which can cause difficulty seeing in the central area of the eye. CCL can improve vision by correcting the steep curvature of the cornea.
The procedure typically takes about one hour and requires local anesthesia. First, the surgeon removes a small amount of tissue from the surface of the eye using a scalpel. Then, they place an area of riboflavin onto the wound. Riboflavin is a photosensitizing agent and will react with oxygen in the air to form a reactive compound called fluorescein. The fluorescein will then be visible under a microscope as it begins to crosslink the corneal collagen.
The cross-linking process occurs slowly over several hours and may require several treatments over a period of months or years. The final result of CCL is a flat, corrected surface on the eye that allows for better vision.
C3R Surgery Cost In Kochi
The cost of C3R surgery in Kochi can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Kochi varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Kochi
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Kochi, including MantraCare Kochi, Eye Clinic Kochi, Eye Center Kochi, and Eye Mantra Kochi. EyeMantra is one of Kochi’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Kochi are accessible from the following areas :
- Marine Drive
- M.G Road
- Warriyam Road
- Chittoor Road
- Jawahar Nagar
- Gandhi Nagar
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Kochi
Happy Patients from Kochi after C3R Surgery
“It was a tough decision to make. But going through the pain and post-op care, I am happy that I had this surgery done.”
– Rishi (Kochi)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Kochi offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Kochi, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Kochi. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.