C3R Surgery In Kolhapur
Corneal Collagen Crosslinking (CCL) is a new and emerging procedure that uses riboflavin to crosslink the corneal collagen. This procedure is usually done in patients with significant dry eye symptoms and is seen as a viable option for those who do not respond well to other treatments such as artificial tears, intraocular lens (IOL) surgery, or corneal transplant.
The benefits of CCL include improved vision, decreased inflammation and pain, and increased clarity of vision. The procedure is typically performed as an outpatient with minimal downtime. There are several safe and effective treatments available for treating dry eye, but CCL is seen as a more permanent solution because it crosslinks the corneal collagen rather than just treating the symptoms.
If you are considering CCL for your dry eye condition, be sure to speak with your doctor in Kolhapur about all of your options.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a surgical procedure used to improve the appearance of the eye. The surgery uses riboflavin to crosslink the corneal collagen, which in turn improves the appearance of the eye.
The surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure and typically takes around one hour. Following the surgery, patients typically experience some mild pain and discomfort but can resume normal activities immediately. There may be some light sensitivity for a few days following the surgery, but this should generally subside within a week or so.
Overall, corneal collagen crosslinking is a relatively short-term procedure that has modest but noticeable cosmetic benefits.
C3R Surgery Cost In Kolhapur
The cost of C3R surgery in Kolhapur can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Kolhapur varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Kolhapur
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Kolhapur, including MantraCare Kolhapur, Eye Clinic Kolhapur, Eye Center Kolhapur, and Eye Mantra Kolhapur. EyeMantra is one of Kolhapur’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Kolhapur are accessible from the following areas :
- Mangalwar Peth
- Uttareshwar Peth
- Nagala Park
- Tarabai Park
- Papachi Tikati
- Ruikar Colony
- Rajendra Nagar
- Pratibha Nagar
- Hari Om Nagar
- Sykes Extension
- Shivaji Peth
- Sambhaji Nagar
- Mukt Sainik Colony
- New Shahupuri
- Shivaji Park
- Raman Mala
- Kasaba Bawada
- Mahalaxmi Nagar
- Manganwlar Peth
- Salonkhe Nagar
- Samrat Nagar
- Baba Jarag Nagar
- Shivganga Colony
- Shukrawar Peth
- R K Nagar
- Saneguruji Vasahat
- Wangi Bol
- Station Road
- Hanuman Nagar
- Jawahar Nagar
- Rajopadhye Nagar
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Kolhapur
Happy Patients from Kolhapur after C3R Surgery
“I had a corneal transplant for keratoconus and after it, I experienced a lot of pain. After failing to find any relief from the pain, I tried corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery from MantraCare. I am very happy that the procedure gave me such wonderful results.”
– Rishi (Kolhapur)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Kolhapur offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Kolhapur, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Kolhapur. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.