C3R Surgery In Lucknow
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a new technique that has recently been developed to treat keratoconus. CCL uses riboflavin as the crosslinking agent, and it has been found to be an effective treatment for keratoconus.
There are a few things that you should keep in mind before scheduling your CCL procedure. First, make sure that you have had a baseline eye exam performed in order to verify that you are eligible for the surgery. Second, speak with your doctor about any other medications or supplements that you are taking. These may affect the results of the CCL procedure. Finally, be prepared for some temporary visual changes after your CCL procedure. These changes may include reduced vision or increased sensitivity to light.
If you have any questions or concerns about your eligibility for CCL or the surgery itself, please contact your doctor in Lucknow prior to scheduling your appointment.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
The cornea is the thin, transparent window that covers the front of your eye. It’s crucial that your cornea is healthy, because if it’s not, you may not be able to see as clearly as you should. One way to ensure that your cornea is healthy is to crosslink the collagen in its fibers. This procedure is called corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin (CCR).
- Your doctor will first take a look at your eye and determine if CCR is a good option for you. If you have an age-related problem with your cornea, for example, it may be less likely to heal properly after CCR.
- Next, your doctor will give you a series of injections over a period of several days. The injections will help fill in any areas of the cornea that may be affected by aging or disease.
- After the injections are complete, your doctor will perform CCR using riboflavin as an “activator.” Riboflavin helps crosslink the collagen in the cornea, which makes it stronger and more resistant to damage.
- After CCR is complete, your doctor may perform other procedures to ensure that the crosslinking process was successful. These might include an ultrasound exam or a biopsy of the crosslinked area of the cornea.
C3R Surgery Cost In Lucknow
The cost of C3R surgery in Lucknow can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Lucknow varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Lucknow
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Lucknow, including MantraCare Lucknow, Eye Clinic Lucknow, Eye Center Lucknow, and Eye Mantra Lucknow. EyeMantra is one of Lucknow’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Lucknow are accessible from the following areas :
- Aliganj Extension
- Amausi Ad
- Amethia Salempur
- Aminabad Park
- Anaura Kalan
- Arya Nagar
- Avas Vikas colony
- B Hotel
- B R a university
- Bakshi Ka talab
- Barawan Kalan
- Batha Sabauli
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Lucknow
Happy Patients from Lucknow after C3R Surgery
“MantraCare has done wonders for my vision. Dr. Shweta and her team have been very helpful, patient and caring towards me throughout the treatment. They explained the whole process to me in detail and the improvement in my vision is really impressive.”
– Rishi (Lucknow)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Lucknow offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Lucknow, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Lucknow. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.