C3R Surgery In Ludhiana
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a new and growing technique that uses riboflavin as a Crosslinking agent. This procedure is used to improve the quality and elasticity of the corneal tissue, and to reduce the risk of future eye diseases.
The CCL procedure is very safe and has minimal side effects. After the surgery, you will need to wear an eye patch for six weeks. Depending on your individual case, you may also experience some temporary vision changes after the surgery. However, these should resolve within a few weeks.
If you are considering undergoing CCL treatment in Ludhiana, our team at Mantracare is here to help you explore all your options. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a procedure that uses riboflavin to link the corneal collagen fibers together. This helps restore the structure and function of the cornea. In general, the procedure takes approximately 90 minutes and can be performed as an outpatient surgery.
After an examination of your eyes, the surgeon will inject a numbing solution into your eye. This will help you feel less pain during the surgery. Next, the surgeon will make a small incision in your eye and insert a thin needle into the center of your cornea. The needle is then used to deposit riboflavin onto the cornea in a controlled manner.
The riboflavin will react with the proteins in the cornea to create crosslinks. These crosslinks will bond together the collagen fibers in the cornea, restoring its structure and function. After cross-linking, the surgeon will remove the needle from your eye and close up the incision.
C3R Surgery Cost In Ludhiana
The cost of C3R surgery in Ludhiana can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Ludhiana varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Ludhiana
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Ludhiana, including MantraCare Ludhiana, Eye Clinic Ludhiana, Eye Center Ludhiana, and Eye Mantra Ludhiana. EyeMantra is one of Ludhiana’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Ludhiana are accessible from the following areas :
- A.P. basti
- Aggar Nagar
- Allona Pallah
- Amloh Road(khanna)
- Assi Kalan
- Ayali Kalan
- Ayali Khurd
- B.R street
- Bagli Kalan
- Barwali Khurd
- Basant Avenue
- Bassian Bet
- Basti Jodhewal
- Ber Khurd
- Bhaini Baringa
- Bhairro Munna
- Bharat Nagar
- Bharthala Randhawa
- Bhatta Dhahan
- Bija Kalan
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Ludhiana
Happy Patients from Ludhiana after C3R Surgery
“It was a wonderful experience. I don’t think I would have seen so well without it. The difference between my old vision and the new vision has been fantastic.”
– Rishi (Ludhiana)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Ludhiana offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Ludhiana, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Ludhiana. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.