C3R Surgery In Mumbai
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) with riboflavin (vitamin B2) surgery is a newer and more effective treatment for corneal scarring and keratoconus. This procedure uses acid to break down the corneal collagen and then replaces the damaged collagen with new, stronger fibers. CCL with riboflavin is a more conservative approach than other treatments, such as corneal transplantation, which can be risky and require extensive post-operative care.
Some people may experience a mild burning sensation after CCL with riboflavin surgery, but it should disappear within a few days. Most people relapse within two years, but this can be improved with regular follow-up visits. Although CCL with riboflavin is relatively new, it has shown promise in treating corneal scarring and keratoconus. If you are considering CCL with riboflavin surgery in Mumbai, be sure to speak with your eye doctor about all of your options and risks.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a type of eye surgery that helps to improve the appearance of your eyes by reinforcing the cornea. In this procedure, riboflavin (vitamin B2) is used to crosslink the corneal collagen fibers. This helps to improve the strength and elasticity of the cornea and can reduce the risk of future eye damage.
To perform this surgery, your doctor will first remove the outer layer of your eye using a special tool called an excimer laser. They will then place a small metal needle into your eye to inject riboflavin. The riboflavin will start to crosslink the corneal collagen fibers, which will help to improve the strength and elasticity of the cornea. After cross-linking is complete, your doctor will remove the needle from your eye.
C3R Surgery Cost In Mumbai
The cost of C3R surgery in Mumbai can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Mumbai varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Mumbai
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Mumbai, including MantraCare Mumbai, Eye Clinic Mumbai, Eye Center Mumbai, and Eye Mantra Mumbai. EyeMantra is one of Mumbai’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Mumbai are accessible from the following areas :
- A I staff colony
- Aareymilk Colony
- Andheri East
- Andheri Railway station
- Antop Hill
- Azad Nagar
- B P t colony
- B.N. bhavan
- Bandra West
- Bangur Nagar
- Best Staff colony
- Bharat Nagar
- Bhawani Shankar
- Bhawani Shankar rd
- Borivali East
- Borvali West
- C G s colony
- Central Building
- Century Mill
- Chakala Midc
- Charni Road
- Cotton Exchange
- Cumballa Hill
- Cumballa Sea face
- Dadar Colony
- Dahisar Rs
- Daulat Nagar
- Delisle Road
- Dharavi Road
- Dockyard Road
- Dr Deshmukh marg
- Falkland Road
- Gokhale Road
- Goregaon East
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Mumbai
Happy Patients from Mumbai after C3R Surgery
“I was looking for affordable cornea crosslinking surgery in Mumbai, and I found it at MantraCare. I also had riboflavin eye drops with me which helped a lot. The staff at MantraCare is really helpful and knowledgeable, so they could answer all my questions before the surgery.”
– Rishi (Mumbai)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Mumbai offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Mumbai, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Mumbai. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.