C3R Surgery In Nanded
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a procedure that uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to bond collagen fibers together in the cornea. CCL is a common treatment for corneal scarring, and it has been shown to be effective in reducing the severity of dry eye symptoms.
There are several types of CCL treatments, and each has its own benefits and drawbacks. One type of CCL treatment uses ultraviolet light to crosslink the collagen fibers. This type of CCL is not reversible, but it is the most effective in reducing corneal scarring. Another type of CCL uses a chemical called formaldehyde to crosslink collagen fibers. This type of CCL can be reversed, but it is less effective than the ultraviolet light type in reducing corneal scarring.
During CCL with riboflavin, an eyepiece with a special laser is put into your eyes to deliver the irradiation energy. If you have any questions about CCL, please consult with your doctor in Nanded.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
The procedure is done as an outpatient surgery, and most patients heal completely with no long-term effects. The doctor will first clean the area around the eye and remove any excess fluids or debris. Next, they will put an anesthesia mask over your face and insert a needle into your eye. This will allow them to inject a solution of riboflavin into the eye.
While under anesthesia, the doctor will use a scalpel to cut into the surface of your eye. This will create small wounds that will allow the riboflavin to enter the eye. The riboflavin will then start to bond with the corneal collagen, forming a temporary patch that will help improve the appearance of your eyes.
After cross-linking, some patients may experience mild pain and redness in their eyes for a few days. However, most people recover completely from this procedure with no long-term effects.
C3R Surgery Cost In Nanded
The cost of C3R surgery in Nanded can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Nanded varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Nanded
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Nanded, including MantraCare Nanded, Eye Clinic Nanded, Eye Center Nanded, and Eye Mantra Nanded. EyeMantra is one of Nanded’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Nanded are accessible from the following areas :
- Waman Nagar
- Airport Road
- Nanded-Basmath Road
- Mudkhed road
- Visawa Nagar
- Harsh Nagar
- Labour Colony
- Wadi Bk.
- Vishnu Nagar
- Chetnya Nagar
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Nanded
Happy Patients from Nanded after C3R Surgery
“MantraCare performed my corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery and I am extremely satisfied. The staff and doctors were all friendly, professional, and informative. There was no long wait time for appointments and the facility was clean. They really made me feel comfortable and confident in what they were doing.”
– Rishi (Nanded)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Nanded offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Nanded, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Nanded. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.