C3R Surgery In Navi Mumbai
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that uses riboflavin to crosslink the collagen in the cornea. This helps improve corneal vision by reducing the amount of stress on the eye and restoring its natural appearance.
CCL is FDA-approved for use in individuals with mild to moderate keratoconus, a progressive condition where the curvature of the cornea increases over time. The procedure is performed as an outpatient surgery under local anesthesia at a hospital in Navi Mumbai.
After preparations are made, such as removing any excess skin and fat around the eye, the surgeon uses a special laser to heat up the collagen in the cornea. This causes it to break down and form new bonds, which restores its normal shape and improves vision. In cases of severe keratoconus, CCL can help reduce the need for glasses or contact lenses.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a procedure that uses riboflavin to crosslink the corneal collagen. This procedure helps to restore the cornea’s elasticity and helps to reduce the likelihood of future eye surgery.
First, anesthetic cream is applied to the eye. This will help to decrease any discomfort that may occur during the procedure.
The riboflavin solution is then administered through a fine needle. This will help to crosslink the corneal collagen.
The procedure is completed by removing the needle and gently removing the anesthetic cream from the eye.
C3R Surgery Cost In Navi Mumbai
The cost of C3R surgery in Navi Mumbai can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Navi Mumbai varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Navi Mumbai
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Navi Mumbai, including MantraCare Navi Mumbai, Eye Clinic Navi Mumbai, Eye Center Navi Mumbai, and Eye Mantra Navi Mumbai. EyeMantra is one of Navi Mumbai’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Navi Mumbai are accessible from the following areas :
- Parsik Hill
- Khanda Colony
- Kopar Khairane
- Mumbai Pune Express Highway
- Palm Beach Road
- sector 8A
- sector 11
- Sector 12
- Sector 13
- Sector 20 Kharghar
- Sector 27 Kharghar
- Sector 30 Kharghar
- Sector 34 Kharghar
- Sector 35 Kharghar
- Sector 21 Kharghar
- Sector 15 Kharghar
- sector 19 Kharghar
- Sector 27 Kharghar
- sector 36 Kamothe
- Sector 18 Kamothe
- Sector 21 Kamothe
- Nilje Gaon
- Shil Phata
- Shilottar Raichur
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Navi Mumbai
Happy Patients from Navi Mumbai after C3R Surgery
“I had keratoconus and this surgery really did wonders for me. It literally changed my life. I always looked forward to going out when before I used to feel scared to go outside due to the pain and now I always look forward to the time to come.”
– Rishi (Navi Mumbai)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Navi Mumbai offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Navi Mumbai, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Navi Mumbai. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.