C3R Surgery In Nellore
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a new treatment for mild to moderately severe dry eye syndrome. The procedure involves the use of riboflavin, which helps to crosslink the cornea’s collagen fibers. CCL has been shown to be more effective than other treatments, such as artificial tears and steroid therapy, in improving symptoms such as decreased vision, dryness, and redness.
There are several benefits to CCL. First, it is a temporary solution; after the procedure, patients can expect gradual improvement in their symptoms. Second, CCL is minimally invasive; it doesn’t require surgery or anesthesia. And finally, CCL is cost-effective; it typically results in a lower cost than traditional treatments.
If you are interested in learning more about CCL, or if you are considering this treatment for your dry eye syndrome, please contact our office in Nellore. We would be happy to discuss your individual candidacy for this procedure with you and answer any questions you may have.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a popular treatment for keratoconus, a common eye disease in which the cornea becomes too thin and curved. CCL involves the use of riboflavin, a photosensitizing agent, to crosslink the corneal collagen fibers. Crosslinking helps to restore stability to the cornea and can improve vision.
The procedure typically begins with dilatation of the pupil with an injection of epinephrine (a medication used to treat heart attacks and other medical emergencies). A small incision is then made in the lower eyelid, and the riboflavin solution is injected through the incision into the eye. The riboflavin solution is then circulated around the eye for several hours, during which time it causes the corneal collagen to crosslink.
After the crosslinking process is complete, the patient is usually allowed to rest for a few days before returning to normal activities. Minor pain and swelling may continue for several weeks after CCL surgery, but these symptoms usually subside over time. Overall, CCL is a safe and effective treatment for keratoconus that can improve your vision significantly.
C3R Surgery Cost In Nellore
The cost of C3R surgery in Nellore can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Nellore varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Nellore
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Nellore, including MantraCare Nellore, Eye Clinic Nellore, Eye Center Nellore, and Eye Mantra Nellore. EyeMantra is one of Nellore’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Nellore are accessible from the following areas :
- Magunta Layout
- Kakuturu village
- Eduru Revenue Village
- Muthukur Road
- B V Nagar
- ZP Colony
- Saraswathi Nagar
- Kallurpalle Rural
- Podalakur Road
- Gandhi Nagar
- Balaji Nagar
- Baba Nagar
- Umma Reddy Gunta
- Ravindra Nagar
- NGO Colony
- Ramalinga Puram
- Vanam Thopu
- Ashok Nagar
- Vengalrao Nagar
- Stonehouse Pet
- Parameshwari Nagar
- Dhanalakshmi Puram
- Mini Bypass Road
- Santhapeta Patta
- Bangla Thota
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Nellore
Happy Patients from Nellore after C3R Surgery
“The staff and doctors at MantraCare are excellent, they made me feel comfortable and safe. I felt like the staff was really invested in helping me find a solution to my condition.”
– Rishi (Nellore)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Nellore offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Nellore, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Nellore. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.