Cornea Transplant / Keratoplasty In Phagwara
The Cornea Transplant / Keratoplasty is an important procedure that can restore your vision if surgery is required. The cornea is the clear front window of the eye and it helps to focus light on the retina, which transmits images to the brain. Damage to the cornea can occur from a variety of causes, including exposure to harmful light or chemicals, accidents, or diseases such as keratoconus.
If you are experiencing this condition, seeking out surgical treatment may be your best option.There are several types of corneal transplant procedures available, depending on the severity of your damage and your preferences. In a standard transplant procedure, a donor cornea is surgically removed and replaced by the patient’s own tissue.
If you are considering a Cornea Transplant / Keratoplasty in Phagwara, please contact our office for more information about our services and how we might be able to help you regain your vision.
Causes Of Corneal Diseases
Types of Corneal Transplant Surgeries
There are many types of corneal transplants, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Penetrating keratoplasty (PK), Descemet’s stripping endothelial keratoplasty (DSEK/ DSAEK), Descemet’s membrane endothelial keratoplasty (DMEK), deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty (DALK), superficial anterior lamellar keratoplasty (SALK) and artificial cornea transplant all involve removing the damaged or diseased cornea and replacing it with an artificial one.
- The main advantage of PK is that it is the most common type of transplant performed in the Phagwara. It involves making a small incision in the patient’s eye and removing the damaged or diseased cornea using a special tool called a punch. The surgeon then places the new artificial cornea into position using sutures.
- DSEK is similar to PK but it involves using a special stapler to remove the damaged or diseased cornea. DSEK is less common than PK because it requires more skill and experience from the surgeon.
- DMEK is a newer type of transplant that combines DSEK with DALK. DMEK allows the surgeon to remove only the damaged or diseased portion of the cornea without having to remove all of it. This eliminates some of the risks associated with DSEK, such as excessive bleeding and deformation of the eye.
- DALK is a more invasive type of transplant that involves removing the entire cornea. DALK is usually reserved for patients with severe corneal damage or disease.
- SALK is the least invasive type of transplant and it only involves replacing the outer layer of the cornea. SALK is often used to treat patients with mild corneal damage or disease.
- Artificial cornea transplant is a new type of transplant that involves implanting an artificial cornea into the eye. Artificial cornea transplants are still in clinical trials and are not yet available to the general public.
Cornea Transplant Surgery Cost In Phagwara
The cost of corneal treatment surgery in Phagwara varies between ₹40,000/eye to ₹80,000/eye depending on the procedure. MantraCare is one of the best cornea hospitals in Phagwara, and it offers corneal treatment at the most competitive prices. MantraCare also offers insurance and financing EMI options for corneal treatment in Phagwara to make the procedure more affordable for patients.
|Cornea Treatment Options||Description||Cost (₹)|
|Penetrating Keratoplasty (PK) in Phagwara||Full thickness corneal transplant (entire cornea is replaced)||40,000|
|Descemet’s Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSEK/ DSAEK) in Phagwara||Damaged inner corneal layer is removed through a small incision (Donor tissue is thicker & easier to transplant compared to DMEK)||50000|
|Descemet’s Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK) in Phagwara||Damaged inner corneal layer is removed through a small incision||50000|
|Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (DALK) in Phagwara||Partial thickness corneal transplant (used in case of keratoconus or bulging cornea)||45000|
|Superficial anterior lamellar keratoplasty (SALK) in Phagwara||Partial thickness corneal transplant wherein the front layer of the cornea is replaced (Stroma and endothelium are unharmed)||45000|
|Artificial Cornea Transplant (Keratoprosthesis) in Phagwara||Corneal transplant with artificial cornea (If not eligible for a donor cornea)||80000|
Cornea Hospitals in Phagwara
There are several cornea eye hospitals in Phagwara, including MantraCare Phagwara, Eye Clinic Phagwara, Eye Center Phagwara, and Eye Mantra Phagwara. EyeMantra is one of Phagwara’s leading Cornea treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Phagwara are accessible from the following areas :
- New Model Town
- Adarsh Nagar
- Model Town
- Onkar Nagar
- Nehru Nagar
- Gobindpura-Kotrani Rd
- Hargobind Nagar
- Khalwara Road
- Mehli Gate
- Chahal Nagar
- Sarai Rd
Top Corneal Treatment / Keratoplasty Doctors in Phagwara
Happy Patients from Phagwara after Corneal Transplant / Keratoplasty
“The doctor and the staff at MantraCare were very professional, supportive, and caring during my surgery. They were able to remove my cloudy cornea and replace it with a new one in just two days.”
– Sharon (Phagwara)