C3R Surgery In Pune
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is an effective treatment for improving vision in patients with corneal degeneration. It combines riboflavin (vitamin B2) with ultraviolet A light to create crosslinks between the corneal collagen fibers. Over time, these crosslinks help to restore the cornea’s structure and function.
There are a few different types of CCL available, depending on the type of treatment that is desired. The most common form of CCL is called “photocoagulation,” which uses a laser to create small cuts on the surface of the eye. These cuts allow for the Riboflavin to enter the eye and start working its magic.
If you are considering c3r surgery in Pune, be sure to speak with an expert at Mantracare to learn more about your options and how best to proceed.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a common type of eye surgery that uses riboflavin to help create new Corneal tissue. The procedure is usually done as an outpatient procedure and typically takes about an hour to complete.
During the CCL procedure, the doctor uses a special laser to break down the front layer of your eye’s cornea. After breaking down the cornea, the doctor then places riboflavin molecules onto the broken down surface.
The riboflavin molecules help stimulate new growth in the existing Corneal tissue, which then restores some of the lost vision in your eye.
C3R Surgery Cost In Pune
The cost of C3R surgery in Pune can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Pune varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Pune
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Pune, including MantraCare Pune, Eye Clinic Pune, Eye Center Pune, and Eye Mantra Pune. EyeMantra is one of Pune’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Pune are accessible from the following areas :
- A.R. shala
- Adhale Bk
- Alandi Chorachi
- Alandi Devachi
- Ambegaon Bk
- Ammunition Factory khadki
- Anantnagar Nigade
- Aundh Camp
- Aundh T.s.
- Avasari Bk
- Avsari Kh
- Bajirao Road
- Baner Gaon
- Baner Road
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Pune
Happy Patients from Pune after C3R Surgery
“I had surgery done for my corneal collagen crosslinking in Pune, and the results were amazing. I can see better than before, and my eyes feel stronger. I am so happy with the result.”
– Rishi (Pune)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Pune offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Pune, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Pune. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.