C3R Surgery In Salem
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a surgical treatment that uses riboflavin to crosslink the cornea’s collagen fibers. The procedure is generally safe and can help improve your vision. Riboflavin is a naturally occurring vitamin found in foods like vegetables, dairy, and meat. It’s also available as an over-the-counter medication.
The surgery is performed under local anesthesia. Your doctor will use a small needle to inject riboflavin into the cornea. This will cause the collagen fibers to crosslink, which will improve your vision.
The procedure is usually safe and can improve your vision by up to 20 percent. However, there are some risks associated with this surgery, including infection, reduced vision, and cataracts. So it’s important to discuss these risks with your doctor in Salem before you have the procedure done.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a type of eye surgery that uses a medication called riboflavin to crosslink the corneal collagen. CCL is used to improve the appearance of the cornea and reduce the likelihood of future cataracts.
The procedure is done as an outpatient appointment at a hospital or doctor’s office. First, the doctor will numb the area around your eye with an injection. They will then place a special mask over your nose and mouth to prevent you from breathing in any dust or particles. Next, they will use an ultrasonic device to break down the corneal collagen. The Riboflavin will then be injected into the cracks of the collagen and cause it to crosslink.
After the CCL treatment, you may experience some temporary discomfort, redness, and swelling around your eye. Most people find that their vision improves after undergoing CCL, with some seeing a significant improvement in their overall appearance.
C3R Surgery Cost In Salem
The cost of C3R surgery in Salem can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Salem varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Salem
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Salem, including MantraCare Salem, Eye Clinic Salem, Eye Center Salem, and Eye Mantra Salem. EyeMantra is one of Salem’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Salem are accessible from the following areas :
- Jagir Ammapalayam
- Chinna Thirupathi
- Sankar Nagar
- Sivaya Nagar
- Angammal Colony
- Steel Plant Road
- Kennady Nagar
- Nedunchalai Nagar
- Old Suramangalam
- Periya Pudur
- First Agraharam
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Salem
Happy Patients from Salem after C3R Surgery
“I had a really bad eye injury and I went to my doctor. He suggested that I go ahead with corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery from MantraCare in Salem. This was probably the best decision I ever made. The doctors there were very good and made me feel comfortable. They did a great job and now my eyes are perfect.”
– Rishi (Salem)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Salem offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Salem, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Salem. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.