C3R Surgery In Shimla
Corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin is a novel and promising treatment for corneal dystrophy. This procedure uses riboflavin to cross-link the corneal collagen, which is believed to improve the structural integrity of the cornea. In addition to treating corneal dystrophy, this procedure may also be used to treat other conditions that cause damage to the cornea, such as keratoconus and high myopia.
Corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin has been shown to be effective in treating corneal dystrophy. This procedure uses riboflavin to cross-link the corneal collagen, which is believed to improve the structural integrity of the cornea. In addition to treating corneal dystrophy, this procedure may also be used to treat other conditions that cause damage to the cornea, such as keratoconus and high myopia.
If you are interested in exploring this treatment option for your eye condition, please speak with your doctor in Shimla about whether it is right for you.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a common and successful procedure used to improve the appearance of the eye. Riboflavin (vitamin B2) is a common ingredient in this surgery. It helps to crosslink the corneal collagen, which creates a smoother surface on the eye.
The surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure. The doctor first cleans the area around the eyes with soap and water. Then they anesthetize the eye with a local anesthetic. Next, the doctor uses a special laser to heat up the area around the pupil.
This causes the corneal collagen to crosslink. Finally, the doctor applies riboflavin to the crosslinked area, which helps to keep it in place.
C3R Surgery Cost In Shimla
The cost of C3R surgery in Shimla can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Shimla varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Shimla
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Shimla, including MantraCare Shimla, Eye Clinic Shimla, Eye Center Shimla, and Eye Mantra Shimla. EyeMantra is one of Shimla’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Shimla are accessible from the following areas :
- Sector 118
- Sankat Mochan
- Kamyana Bharari Road
- Sector 1
- Lakkar Bazar
- Chotta Shimla
- Chaura Maidan
- Summer Hill
- New Shimla
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Shimla
Happy Patients from Shimla after C3R Surgery
“Pleasantly surprised that the discomfort I experienced was minimal and worth it for the increased vision and decreased pain.”
– Rishi (Shimla)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Shimla offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Shimla, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Shimla. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.