C3R Surgery In Shimoga
Corneal collagen cross-linking is a promising new treatment for keratoconus, a progressive eye disease that can cause decreased vision. Collagen cross-linking uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to react with the cornea’s collagen to form a stronger and more durable bond between the two. This therapy has been shown to be effective in restoring some of the lost vision in patients with keratoconus.
There are several potential side effects associated with collagen cross-linking, including dryness, redness, and pain. However, most patients report seeing improvements in their vision after undergoing this treatment.
If you are considering surgery for keratoconus and are considering collagen cross-linking as an option, your doctor in Shimoga will be able to provide you with more information about this promising new therapy.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a procedure in which riboflavin is used to crosslink the corneal collagen. Collagen is a protein that makes up the cornea and other tissues in the eye. Crosslinking makes the cornea stronger and less likely to develop tears. It can also help reduce the severity of dry eye symptoms.
The procedure is done as an outpatient surgery. First, the doctor will prescribe an antibiotic to prevent any infection from developing. Then, they will make a small cut in the lower part of your eye. This will allow them to see inside your eye. They will then place a tiny needle near the edge of your cornea (the clear front part of your eye). This will inject riboflavin into the eye.
The riboflavin will travel through the blood vessels in your eye and start to crosslink the corneal collagen. Over time, this will make the cornea more elastic and strengthen it. The surgery usually takes about 30 minutes and you can go home right after it’s done.
C3R Surgery Cost In Shimoga
The cost of C3R surgery in Shimoga can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Shimoga varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Shimoga
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Shimoga, including MantraCare Shimoga, Eye Clinic Shimoga, Eye Center Shimoga, and Eye Mantra Shimoga. EyeMantra is one of Shimoga’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Shimoga are accessible from the following areas :
- Aswath Nagar
- Gopalagowda Extension
- Somina Koppa
- Vinoba Nagar
- Tilak Nagar
- Malleshwara Nagar
- Rajendra Nagar
- Ravindra Nagara
- Chalukya Nagar
- Tank Mohalla
- KR Puram
- Basaveshwara Nagar
- Gandhi Nagar
- Vidya Nagar
- Ashoka Nagar
- R.M.L Nagar
- Krushi Nagar
- Tippu Nagar
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Shimoga
Happy Patients from Shimoga after C3R Surgery
“I needed to crosslink my corneal collagen in a very small amount of time to save my sight and my job. My doctor told me that there was no way I would be able to get the procedure done; he said there weren’t any doctors in the area who could accommodate my needs and give me the care and attention I deserved. But when I found MantraCare and their amazing doctors, they were able to crosslink my cornea and save my vision.”
– Rishi (Shimoga)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Shimoga offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Shimoga, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Shimoga. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.