C3R Surgery In Sonipat
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) with riboflavin (vitamin B2) is a promising new technique for the treatment of keratoconus, a progressive eye disease. This Procedure is done in Sonipat, India under the supervision of Dr. Shweta Jain, an internationally renowned expert in CCL and keratoconus.
Keratoconus is a disorder of the cornea that can cause blurry vision and distortion of the shape of the eyeball. It is a progressive disease that can eventually lead to blindness. Treatment options include surgery to correct vision abnormalities and wearing contact lenses. However, over 85% of patients who undergo surgery experience significant vision deterioration within two years, and 50% within five years.
Given its effectiveness and convenience compared to traditional surgical treatments, CCL is gaining popularity among doctors worldwide.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a process that helps to improve the structural integrity of the cornea. Crosslinking uses riboflavin, a molecule that is found in many foods and supplements, to bond the corneal collagen fibers together. This improves the strength and stability of the cornea, which can prevent it from becoming damaged over time.
The first step in crosslinking is administering a local anesthetic to the eye. This will help to reduce any discomfort during the procedure. Next, a small needle is used to puncture the cornea. This will allow riboflavin to enter the eye. Once inside, the riboflavin will start to bond the corneal collagen fibers together.
After cross-linking is complete, the flap of skin that was removed during surgery will be replaced. This will help to restore some of the vision that was lost due to the cross-linking process. Patients generally experience minimal pain following crosslinking surgery and can resume their regular activities immediately.
C3R Surgery Cost In Sonipat
The cost of C3R surgery in Sonipat can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Sonipat varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Sonipat
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Sonipat, including MantraCare Sonipat, Eye Clinic Sonipat, Eye Center Sonipat, and Eye Mantra Sonipat. EyeMantra is one of Sonipat’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Sonipat are accessible from the following areas :
- TDI City
- G.T Karnal Road
- Sector 30
- Sector 27
- Sector 35
- Sector 8
- Sector 10
- KMP Expressway
- Sector 16
- Sector 12
- Sector 17
- Sector 15
- Sector 19
- Sector 23
- Vijay Nagar
- Sikka Colony
- Sector 24
- Model Town
- Sector 7
- Sector 1A
- Patel Nagar
- Sector 43
- Sector 14
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Sonipat
Happy Patients from Sonipat after C3R Surgery
“I came to my eyesight change with corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery from MantraCare in Sonipat. The procedure was much easier than I anticipated, and I am now seeing clearly without any hassle.”
– Rishi (Sonipat)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Sonipat offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Sonipat, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Sonipat. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.