C3R Surgery In Surat
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is an innovative technique that uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to improve the appearance of the cornea. CCL is a non-invasive procedure that is used to reduce the severity of common eye diseases, such as keratoconus and dry eyes.
The benefits of CCL include improved vision in patients with keratoconus or dry eyes due to decreased severity of the disease, reduced dependence on eyeglasses or contact lenses, reduced risk of development of advanced eye diseases, such as cataracts and glaucoma.
If you are considering CCL as a possible treatment in Surat, be sure to discuss your options with an experienced surgeon. There are many different types of CCL procedures available, so be sure to find one that is right for you.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Before the surgery, the doctor will ask the patient about their medical history and current vision. The doctor will also take a medical history to determine if collagen crosslinking is an appropriate treatment for the patient. The doctor may also perform a corneal health examination to check for other conditions that could lead to corneal thinning.
The patient will be given an eye anesthesia exam before surgery. This exam includes checking pupil size and dilation, testing for eye motility, and taking an ocular pressure reading.
After the patient has received the appropriate eye anesthesia, the doctor will make a small incision in the lower part of the eye. The doctor will then use a cytokeratins enzyme to break down the keratin in the upper layer of the cornea. This allows riboflavin (a B vitamin) to penetrate into the cornea and bond with the collagen.
The cross-linking process usually takes about 30 minutes. After crosslinking, the surgeon will close up the eye with stitches and remove any excess riboflavin solution
C3R Surgery Cost In Surat
The cost of C3R surgery in Surat can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Surat varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Surat
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Surat, including MantraCare Surat, Eye Clinic Surat, Eye Center Surat, and Eye Mantra Surat. EyeMantra is one of Surat’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Surat are accessible from the following areas :
- Surat Dumas Road
- Ghod Dod Road
- City Light
- Canal Road
- VIP Road
- Kharwar Nagar
- Rander Road
- Hazira – Adajan Road
- Vishnu Nagar
- Dahin Nagar
- Jahangir Pura
- Parvat Gam
- Anand Mahal Road
- Pal Gam
- Vishal Nagar
- Athwa Gate
- Palanpur Gam
- Pankaj Nagar
- Mota Varachha
- Parvat Patiya
- Mahindra Pur
- Saniya Hemad
- Khodiyar Nagar
- Majura Gate
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Surat
Happy Patients from Surat after C3R Surgery
“I would like to thank MantraCare for their terrific care. As a corneal collagen crosslinking patient of theirs, my experience was excellent and the treatment they have done has been wonderful. My eyesight has improved considerably. I am glad to have my surgery done with Mantracare from Dr. Shweta.”
– Rishi (Surat)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Surat offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Surat, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Surat. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.