C3R Surgery In Thiruvananthapuram
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a treatment that uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to improve the strength and elasticity of the cornea. CCL was originally developed as a way to treat keratoconus, a disease that causes the cornea to become too thin and distorted. However, CCL has been found to be an effective treatment for other conditions, such as AMD and LASIK eye surgery.
There are several factors that can affect how well CCL works. These include the severity of your condition, your age, and your genetics. Therefore, it is important to discuss your options with your doctor in Thiruvananthapuram before undergoing CCL treatment.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a procedure used to improve the strength and elasticity of the cornea. The riboflavin component of the procedure helps to crosslink the corneal collagen, which in turn results in a more durable surface. Crosslinking can be done on its own or in combination with other procedures, such as keratoplasty.
To perform corneal collagen crosslinking, the doctor will first make an incision on the eye’s surface. The area where the incision will be made will then be numbed with an anesthetic. Next, a small amount of riboflavin solution will be injected into the incision. This solution contains riboflavin and other chemicals that help to crosslink the corneal collagen. After injection, the area will be closed with stitches. As long as you follow your doctor’s instructions carefully, this procedure should only take a few hours to complete.
If you are considering this procedure for your eyes, it is important to speak with your doctor about all of your options. Crosslinking can have a number of benefits for your eyes, but it is not always a perfect solution and there are risks associated with it as well. If you are interested in learning more about this procedure or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact your doctor.
C3R Surgery Cost In Thiruvananthapuram
The cost of C3R surgery in Thiruvananthapuram can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Thiruvananthapuram varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Thiruvananthapuram
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Thiruvananthapuram, including MantraCare Thiruvananthapuram, Eye Clinic Thiruvananthapuram, Eye Center Thiruvananthapuram, and Eye Mantra Thiruvananthapuram. EyeMantra is one of Thiruvananthapuram’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Thiruvananthapuram are accessible from the following areas :
- Pattom Thanu Pillai Nagar
- Medical College
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Thiruvananthapuram
Happy Patients from Thiruvananthapuram after C3R Surgery
“Corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery from MantraCare in Thiruvananthapuram made all the difference in my life. I was a wreck and was not able to see very well, but they did it! I am now able to see and have my confidence back.”
– Rishi (Thiruvananthapuram)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Thiruvananthapuram offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Thiruvananthapuram, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Thiruvananthapuram. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.