C3R Surgery In Vadodara
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a relatively new treatment for improving the appearance of the eye. It is a non-invasive procedure that uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to improve the bond between the cornea and the underlying tissue. CCL has been shown to improve the appearance of the eye by relaxing the muscles and supporting the structure of the cornea.
There are two types of CCL: conventional CCL (which uses riboflavin alone) and accelerated CCL (which combines riboflavin with a light energy source). The conventional type is generally used when there are no other issues associated with the eye, such as significant scarring or previous surgeries. The accelerated type is used when other treatments have not been successful or when there are concerns about potential side effects.
If you’re interested in undergoing CCL treatment in Vadodara, speak to your doctor about your options. They can help you determine if this therapy is right for you and provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a treatment that helps improve the appearance of your eyes by correcting the appearance of corneas. The procedure is usually done in conjunction with riboflavin eye surgery.
After an examination, the doctor will determine if you are a good candidate for this treatment. The doctor will then give you a local anesthetic to numb the area around your eyes. After the anesthetic wears off, the doctor will proceed with the crosslinking procedure. First, they will use heat to break down the corneal cells. This will allow the riboflavin to penetrate into the cells and start to photosensitize them.
Over time, this process will cause your corneas to become more elastic and less likely to break. The cross-linking procedure can take up to two hours and may require several visits over a period of weeks or months. You may experience some mild discomfort following the procedure, but it should be limited to a few days. In most cases, patients are able to return to their normal activities within two weeks.
C3R Surgery Cost In Vadodara
The cost of C3R surgery in Vadodara can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Vadodara varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Vadodara
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Vadodara, including MantraCare Vadodara, Eye Clinic Vadodara, Eye Center Vadodara, and Eye Mantra Vadodara. EyeMantra is one of Vadodara’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Vadodara are accessible from the following areas :
- Bhayli Road
- Vasna Road
- Padra Road
- Akota Road
- Sama-Savil Road
- Ellora Park
- VIP Road
- Productivity Road
- Siddharth Nagar
- Harni Road
- Race Course
- Sun Pharma Road
- Ajwa Road
- Dabhoi Road
- Waghodia Road
- Bil-Chapad Road
- New Sama Bhadran Nagar
- Parda Road
- Sayaji Park Society
- Kalali Road
- New VIP Road
- Bill Road
- Nani Bapod
- Vadodara-Anklav Road
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Vadodara
Happy Patients from Vadodara after C3R Surgery
“Corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery from MantraCare in Vadodara has been able to restore my vision more than I expected. It is the best eye-care procedure I have ever done and it has changed the way I live and see.”
– Rishi (Vadodara)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Vadodara offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Vadodara, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Vadodara. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.