C3R Surgery In Varanasi
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) has become a popular treatment for corneal diseases, such as keratoconus and corneal dystrophy. CCL is a noninvasive technique that uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) to crosslink the cornea’s collagen fibers. The procedure is safe and effective, and it can be performed in either an outpatient or in-patient setting.
The benefits of CCL include improved vision, reduced risk of corneal surgery, and decreased dependency on glasses or contacts. The procedure is typically completed in two sessions, and patients typically experience a minor amount of discomfort following the procedure.
If you are interested in undergoing CCL treatment in Varanasi, please consult with one of our specialists at Mantracare. We will be able to provide you with all the information you need about the procedure and its benefits, and we will also be able to answer any questions you may have about your eligibility for CCL treatment.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a type of eye surgery that uses riboflavin to alter the structure of the cornea. CCL is generally used to treat keratoconus, a condition in which the cornea becomes too thin and can no longer properly filter light out of the eye.
The surgery begins by placing an anesthetic gel in the patient’s eyes. Then, the doctor will remove the patient’s natural lens and place a sterile lens on top. Next, they will use a laser to crosslink the cornea’s collagen. This process causes the cornea to become more elastic and less likely to expand or contract due to changes in humidity or temperature.
After cross-linking, the doctor will replace the sterile lens with a regular contact lens and give the patient a bandage to keep it in place for 24 hours. Finally, they will remove the bandage and perform another set of measurements to determine if any further adjustments are needed.
C3R Surgery Cost In Varanasi
The cost of C3R surgery in Varanasi can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Varanasi varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Varanasi
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Varanasi, including MantraCare Varanasi, Eye Clinic Varanasi, Eye Center Varanasi, and Eye Mantra Varanasi. EyeMantra is one of Varanasi’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Varanasi are accessible from the following areas :
- Vidyapeeth Road
- Ashok Nagar
- Mahamanapuri Colony
- Vivek Nagar Colony
- Vishwanath Puri Colony
- Nagwa Lanka
- Pura Raghunathpur
- Hanuman Nagar
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Varanasi
Happy Patients from Varanasi after C3R Surgery
“I had known about corneal crosslinking as a procedure that has been widely talked about in India and abroad. I was keen to take part in this procedure but did not want to go through the hassle of traveling to get it done. MantraCare came up with an experience I could not resist. I was able to crosslink my cornea within 3 hours of arriving at the clinic. It was really convenient and quite affordable too.”
– Rishi (Varanasi)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Varanasi offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Varanasi, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Varanasi. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.