C3R Surgery In Vijayawada
Corneal collagen crosslinking is a technique that helps improve the appearance of the cornea. Crosslinking with riboflavin (vitamin B2) can improve the visibility of the cornea by strengthening the corneal stroma. This surgery is performed in Vijayawada, India.
This surgery is done as an outpatient procedure. The surgery will take about an hour and a half to complete. The patient will be discharged home approximately 24 hours after surgery. There are no long-term side effects from this procedure.
If you are interested in learning more about CCL or if you are considering this treatment as an option for your eyes, please contact our office in Vijaywada. We would be happy to discuss your options with you and answer any questions that you may have.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a common procedure used to improve the appearance of the eye. The procedure uses riboflavin to create a crosslink between the corneal collagen fibers. This results in a thicker and more gelatinous cornea. CCL is usually recommended for people who have a significant amount of visible wrinkles or dryness in their eyes. The procedure is typically done as an outpatient surgery.
The patient will need to allow at least two weeks for the swelling to go down after surgery. Once the swelling goes down, they will need to wear special glasses for six to eight weeks. After that, they should resume their normal routine. There are no long-term side effects associated with CCL.
C3R Surgery Cost In Vijayawada
The cost of C3R surgery in Vijayawada can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Vijayawada varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Vijayawada
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Vijayawada, including MantraCare Vijayawada, Eye Clinic Vijayawada, Eye Center Vijayawada, and Eye Mantra Vijayawada. EyeMantra is one of Vijayawada’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Vijayawada are accessible from the following areas :
- Satyaranayana Puram
- Bandar Road
- Ashok Nagar
- LIC Colony
- Ayodhya Nagar
- RTC Colony
- Auto Nagar
- Sri Ramachandra Nagar
- Benz Circle
- Veterinary Colony
- Eluru Road
- Krishna Lanka
- Ramalingeswara Nagar
- Sanath Nagar
- PNT Colony
- Madhura Nagar
- Kedareswar Pet
- Vijayawada Guntur Highway
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Vijayawada
Happy Patients from Vijayawada after C3R Surgery
“I am so glad I found Mantracare. The surgeon was very meticulous and made me feel comfortable. After the surgery, the recovery process was easy and I don’t have any complications or issues with my eyes.”
– Rishi (Vijayawada)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Vijayawada offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Vijayawada, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Vijayawada. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.