Have you ever wondered what Visian ICL is, and why it is becoming an increasingly popular option for people looking to improve their vision? Visian ICL is a type of intraocular lens implant that can be used to correct myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism. In this article, we will take a closer look at what Visian ICL is, how it works, and the treatment options available for those considering this procedure.
What is Visian ICL?
Visian ICL is a type of contact lens that is surgically implanted in the eye to correct vision. The lens is made of a soft, flexible material that is folded and inserted through a small incision in the eye. Once in place, the lens unfolds and rests behind the iris, where it helps to focus light on the retina. The Visian Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL), for example, is a permanent, artificial lens that is implanted in the eye to correct vision – like a contact lens that doesn’t require maintenance.
Visian ICL surgery is typically performed on an outpatient basis and takes only about 15 minutes to complete. Recovery time is usually short, and most people can resume their normal activities within a day or two. Complications from Visian ICL surgery are rare but can include infection, inflammation, and bleeding.
Visian ICL is suitable for adults with moderate to high levels of myopia (nearsightedness) who are not candidates for laser eye surgery or contact lenses. It may also be a good option for those who don’t want their vision correction to be permanent, as the ICL can be removed at any time.
Visian ICL surgery is usually performed as an outpatient procedure. The surgeon will make a small incision in the eye and then insert the Visian ICL. Once the ICL is in place, the surgeon will close the incision.
The procedure is visian ICL surgery is fairly simple. The steps are as follows:
- First, the patient’s eye will be numbed with anesthetic drops and a tiny surgical tool called a microkeratome will be used to create a flap in the outer layer of the cornea.
- Next, a specialized lens implant known as a collamer or hydrogel lens is inserted into this flap which rests just beneath the surface.
- The inserted lens will be positioned by a surgeon to precisely fit the eye and then the flap is sealed back in place with some tiny stitches.
- Once healed, patients can expect to enjoy improved vision without glasses or contact lenses.
- Visian ICL surgery usually takes approximately 15 minutes per eye and most people can return home the same day.
- Patients can experience some mild discomfort during the healing process which usually subsides in a few days, although it may take up to several weeks for vision to become fully optimized.
- Visian ICL surgery is considered to be very safe, with a low complication rate and fast recovery time. Patients typically enjoy improved vision within days after the procedure.
Overall, Visian ICL surgery can provide excellent results for those who are looking for an alternative to glasses or contact lenses. It also offers a permanent solution for those who cannot undergo traditional laser vision correction surgery.
Post-Operative Care Instructions
The instructions are as follows:
- Change the dressing on your wound once a day and keep it dry.
- Take all medications as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 2 weeks after surgery
- Eat healthy foods, get plenty of rest, and drink lots of fluids to help with healing.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure to the area of your surgery. Wear sunscreen whenever you go outdoors.
- Call your doctor if you experience any unusual symptoms, such as redness, swelling, or drainage from the wound site.
- Make sure to attend all follow-up appointments with your doctor to monitor healing and ensure everything is progressing as expected.
- Take any supplements or vitamins your doctor recommends to help with healing and recovery.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to avoid putting too much pressure on the area of your surgery.
- If you experience any pain, take over-the-counter pain medications or use ice packs as needed.
How Long Does Visian ICL last?
Phakic intraocular lenses (IOLs), such as the Visian Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL), are permanent, artificial lenses that are implanted into the eye to correct vision.
The lenses are designed to last a lifetime and can typically correct vision for up to 20 years or more.
There are various pros of visian ICL. They are:
1. It is a type of refractive surgery that has a very high success rate, with up to 97% of patients achieving 20/20 vision or better after the procedure.
2. It is minimally invasive, so there is no need for cutting or stitching the eye tissue during the surgery.
3. It can correct higher levels of nearsightedness than LASIK and PRK surgeries.
4. There is no risk of dry eyes since there is no requirement to cut a flap in the eye’s surface layer.
5. The recovery time is generally quicker than other types of refractive surgeries due to less manipulation of the eye tissue during the procedure.
6. The implants used in Visian ICL are made from a material that does not absorb water, therefore allowing for long-term stability and durability over time without any further treatments.
Conversely, some cons can include:
1. A greater financial cost than other surgical alternatives such as LASIK or PRK since more materials are required for the implantation process.
2. There may be some vision fluctuations during recovery that can take up to several months to resolve completely.
3. It is not suitable for those with very high levels of nearsightedness or astigmatism, or those who have suffered previous eye trauma.
4. The implants are not removable, so any further refractive surgery will require new implants to be implanted in the eye.
5. There is a risk of glaucoma developing due to the implants blocking the trabecular meshwork which drains fluid from the eye.
Overall, visian ICL can be a great option for improving vision and correcting higher levels of nearsightedness. The higher cost of the procedure should be taken into consideration, however, as well as the potential risks associated with the surgery.
It is important to research and discuss with a physician or eye surgeon before considering this type of refractive surgery.
Visian ICL is an innovative and effective vision correction procedure that can help correct your vision and restore clear, comfortable eyesight. It is a safe and minimally invasive procedure with a high success rate of restoring 20/20 or better vision. With Visian ICL, you can quickly regain the sharpness of sight you have been missing and enjoy long-term results with little to no risk associated with the treatment. If you are looking for an alternative to LASIK surgery or glasses, it may be right for you!
Visian ICL offers patients a number of benefits that they would not get from glasses or contact lenses. For example, the procedure is more precise than traditional vision correction methods and offers greater stability over time. Additionally, you can continue to enjoy clear vision even if your prescription changes over the years, which is not possible with LASIK surgery. With this in mind, it is important to talk to your eye care professional and decide on the best option for you when considering vision correction procedures.
Lasik surgery is a safe 10-minute procedure to help you get rid of glasses. MantraCare offers the most advanced Lasik options. If you have any questions on Lasik surgery, Retina Surgery feel free to reach out to us at +91-9711116605.