C3R Surgery In Tiruchirappalli
Corneal collagen crosslinking (CCL) is a novel and growing treatment for dry eye syndrome. It is a noninvasive procedure that uses riboflavin (vitamin B2) as the crosslinking agent. CCL was first developed in Mysore, India, and has been used there for over a decade.
The doctor can use CCL in two different ways: as a standalone treatment or in combination with other treatments for dry eye syndrome, such as artificial tears or cyclosporine eye drops. Either way, CCL is an affordable and effective option for restoring healthy vision in people who suffer from dry eye syndrome.
If you are interested in undergoing CCL treatment for keratoconus, be sure to discuss your options with your doctor in Tiruchirappalli.
Procedure of C3R Eye Surgery
Corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin is a common procedure used to improve the vision of patients with keratoconus, a progressive eye disorder. The procedure involves applying Riboflavin to the cornea in order to crosslink the corneal collagen, which in turn improves the strength and elasticity of the cornea.
The Riboflavin is then removed from the eye and any residual solution is wiped away with a cotton ball. The patient then returns for a follow-up appointment two weeks later where they will have their vision checked and any necessary adjustments made. Overall, this procedure is relatively painless and most patients report good results following treatment.
C3R Surgery Cost In Tiruchirappalli
The cost of C3R surgery in Tiruchirappalli can vary depending on the hospital you choose and the type of surgery you need. The cost of C3R surgery in Tiruchirappalli varies between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per eye. C3R treatment is often combined with different lenses as shown below:
- Simple C3R treatment: Riboflavin and laser is used to strengthen the cornea and treat keratoconus. Costs around ₹25000/ eye.
- C3R + RGP Lenses = Along with C3R, RGP or rigid contact lenses are prescribed. This gives clear eyesight without any issues. Costs around ₹30000/ eye.
- C3R + Scleral Lens = Along with C3R, Scleral contact lenses are prescribed. These are large contact lens that rests on the sclera and creates a tear-filled vault over the cornea. Costs around ₹35000/ eye.
- C3R + ICL = Along with C3R, ICL surgery is done to permanently place a lens inside eye. ICL corrects your eye power as well. Contact lenses are not needed. Costs around ₹60000/ eye.
C3R Surgery Hospitals in Tiruchirappalli
There are several C3R eye hospitals in Tiruchirappalli, including MantraCare Tiruchirappalli, Eye Clinic Tiruchirappalli, Eye Center Tiruchirappalli, and Eye Mantra Tiruchirappalli. EyeMantra is one of Tiruchirappalli’s leading C3R treatment center, with over 100,000 eyes operated by its doctors. Our hospitals in Tiruchirappalli are accessible from the following areas :
Top C3R Surgery Doctors in Tiruchirappalli
Happy Patients from Tiruchirappalli after C3R Surgery
“I had corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin surgery from MantraCare in Tiruchirappalli. I’ve never felt better. Because the operation was done successfully, I can see! The results are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving my sight.”
– Rishi (Tiruchirappalli)
Frequently Asked Questions
C3R surgery, also called corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin, is a treatment for keratoconus and other corneal disorders. It strengthens the cornea by creating new bonds between its collagen fibers. This makes the cornea more resistant to changes in shape. MantraCare Tiruchirappalli offers one of the best facilities and doctors for C3R treatment.
There are a few potential side effects of C3R surgery. These include:
- Infection: The chances of developing an infection after c3r surgery are low, but it is still a possibility.
- Scarring: Surgery may result in scarring. The amount and severity of scarring will depend on the individual.
- Bleeding: There is a small risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
- Nerve damage: There is a very small risk that nerves can be damaged during surgery.
- Pain: Some people experience pain after c3r surgery, although this is usually mild and manageable
At MantraCare Tiruchirappalli, C3R surgery costs around Rs. 20,000/ eye. The cost varies based on the complexity of the case. We also offer insurance and EMI facilities for C3R surgery.
C3r surgery recovery time can vary depending on the individual. However, most people can expect to be back to their normal activities within 2-4 weeks.
Mantracare is the best hospital for Holcomb C3R treatment in Tiruchirappalli. They have top C3R doctors with over 20,000+ satisfied clients.